So I heard this rumour

(through some of my “right wing” friends) that people in the South have started hoarding guns post BO winning the election. Have yall come across any such news? Is it even legal to do that?

This issue has been in the news. From an investment perspective, buying something now that may not be made in the futurue, is smart. What do you mean is it even legal? THERE IS NO PURCHASE LIMIT on your right. The only issue could be fire codes if you live in a place and stockpile to an extreme. Since this board is international I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few people on here buying now.

More like angry Nazi rednecks preparing for a new civilWar where they can murder blacks , Jews and other minorities.

I know in Texas some of the assault rifles are being bought up. All on the expectation they will become illegal soon… Not a gun owner, never fired one, but I dont blame the people.

I’ve never seen a bigger pessimist than you louisvillegrad… thanks to the gods that I don’t have to work or interact with you, I’m sure you’re an absolutely miserable person to be around with all that complaining, whining, and doomsaying.

I was’nt sure if there is a law against hoarding a commodity like guns. Apparently not.

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > More like angry Nazi rednecks preparing for a new > civilWar where they can murder blacks , Jews and > other minorities. Why do you feel the need to compare the horrible stuff the Nazis did to someone who wants to be able to defend their family? I have been robbed before. One time the police came 6 hrs later (IN NYC!). Another time they came the next day. They joke a conservative is a liberal who’s been mugged.

“I have been robbed before. One time the police came 6 hrs later (IN NYC!). Another time they came the next day. They joke a conservative is a liberal who’s been mugged.” BS argument…why do you need AK-47s, Sniper rifles, RPG’s, grenades etc. to protect yourself against muggings??? Would not a simple handgun sufffice? This kind of heavy weaponry serves only one purpose…an all out war.

What are you talking about? First what they want to ban is ALREADY available WITHOUT an all our war happening now. Most banned guns were banned simply because of how they look. You then expand things to grenades WHICH ARE BANNED. So Louisvillegrad, have you ever been to a gun range?

I am not in favor of any gun ban…all I am trying to point out here is their logic behind hoarding guns because of BO winning the elections. They very well know that no such ban will pass. They are just looking for an excuse to launch more Timothy McVeigh’s in this country and take their pent up anger on people different from them. I still dont see the rationale behind common citizens owning AK-47s and other such weapons of indiscriminate killing. Only the armed forces should possess such weaponry.

I wonder if the second ammendment allows us to own nukes.

Yeah I have always wondered what conservatives would say if I wanted to hoard chemical and biological weapons for “self defense”.

Again most of the weapons they seek to ban are banned because of cosmetic issues only or simply allow more rounds. This weaponry is already available and you don’t see a Timothy McVeigh happening at this moment. If the government banned oil, wouldn’t you buy it right now before it was banned? Nukes and chemical/biological weapons are already banned. YOU ARE TRYING TO LUMP guns with something totally different to confuse people. louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am not in favor of any gun ban…all I am > trying to point out here is their logic behind > hoarding guns because of BO winning the elections. > They very well know that no such ban will pass. > They are just looking for an excuse to launch more > Timothy McVeigh’s in this country and take their > pent up anger on people different from them. > > I still dont see the rationale behind common > citizens owning AK-47s and other such weapons of > indiscriminate killing. Only the armed forces > should possess such weaponry.

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah I have always wondered what conservatives > would say if I wanted to hoard chemical and > biological weapons for “self defense”. We would want your phone number so we can illegally wiretap your calls.

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Nukes and chemical/biological weapons are already > banned. YOU ARE TRYING TO LUMP guns with something > totally different to confuse people. > > I’m just thinking out loud. Ammendment two of the US Constitution says: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” I just wondered if a nuke can be classified as “arms,” and therefore there is a right to keep them.

In Atlanta, gun stores have been selling out of stock. (per the local news which is very suspect)

The courts I believe would not interpret this that way…but feel free to try. I also dont see the need for people to have some of those guns, but I also dont believe the govt should take this right away (doesnt mean you make them easy to get either). I believe if the govt starts taking away things because they are not needed and are dangerous, we may lose other things as well…

This is probably happening because of this: http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_targets_obama.html and people like PT who can’t be bothered to check the facts.

Actually I check the facts. Factcheck and Brady Campaign(who wants to ban guns) share a common donor. I did not bring up Obama wants to ban guns which is what you are alluding to. He wants to severely restrict the type of guns sold and put a high tax on them. From this brings a slippery slope. NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is probably happening because of this: > > http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_target > s_obama.html > > and people like PT who can’t be bothered to check > the facts.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder if the second ammendment allows us to own > nukes. lol - i wouldn’t mind putting one in the spare garage…