So I heard this rumour

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Blind fashion? > > I believe everyone has the right to own one and > defend themselves until proven otherwise. > > If you say an educational class should be required > first I am ok with that. > > If someone is going to commit a crime, they are a > criminal. Criminals will do whatever is needed to > do the crime. > > The only thing that scares criminals are guns. > They aren’t scared by you making a phone call to > the police that will come eventually. > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YTM_eAWnQ PtrainerNY, That’s what I was saying. Read past the -HOWEVER- part in my first post to Black Swan, I highly doubt you did. Any law abiding citizen with a license should be able to buy as many guns as they can. However, guns shouldn’t be sold at your local CVS or WalMart to any random person without background checks and a license. I have a gun, my friends have guns, and my friends’ family have guns. Anyways, I am no longer going to argue with you and will put you on ignore since you are an inflexible thinker. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Re: So I heard this rumour Posted by: PtrainerNY (IP Logged) [show posts from this user] Date: November 11, 2008 11:20PM user ignored - click to show/hide this message

So I liquidated my 401k the other day and decided to buy a few guns http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=50646

probably a smart investment given the market prospects

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Lastly, you mentioned why we need a “sniper > > rifle.” A wide variety of guns could fall > under > > the video game classification of “sniper rifle” > > used by someone clearly ignorant on the topic. > > Most big game guns such as rifles used for deer > > hunting and other similar large animals fire > > rounds that would pierce most body armor with a > > high level of precision. Deer hunting is a > great > > past time that does not add to the levels of > > violence in inner cities. Feel free to throw > me > > any stats on the amount of inner city gang > bangers > > carrying a .30-06. > > > > 30-06 is good, but not very popular anymore (being > 100 years old) for sniper rifles. We could just > limit it to 50 caliber, which is legal in some > states and utterly without any legitimate purpose > except playing dangerous games. So in the discussion about the appropriate caliber for sniper rifles, Barrett is coming out with a 0.338 Lapua Magnum rifle in 2009 www.bravo98.com. Very cool. I’m going to get one and invite Obamato come shoot prairie dogs with me. Cute little guys go out in a really pleasing pink mist.

I just bought a 12ga… to play sporting clays and trap. If you’ve never tried it, you should. It’s 1000x better than golf!

Florida_Gator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just bought a 12ga… to play sporting clays > and trap. If you’ve never tried it, you should. > It’s 1000x better than golf! What type? Im looking to get into trap shooting you think a Mossberg 590 would do the trick, my buddy is selling his.

A Mossburg 590 would be fine if you get a decent barrel length (>= 24") but you really should get a gun that fits. If you don’t know if it fits, maybe you should go to the gun store.

I got a Remington 105 CTi… I would highly recommend the CTi, as it’s super lightweight and has much less recoil than a typical autoloader. I’m already spoiled. http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_105CTi.asp The 590 is a solid gun, and if it doesn’t fit now, you can go to a stock fitter and he’ll hook it up for you. Another one to look at would be the Beretta AL391 URIKA 2. I had a hard time deciding between this one and the Remington. http://www.berettausa.com/product/product_competition_guns_main.htm

I got a Ruger P95 two tone 9mm. I certainly sleep a little sounder knowing it’s locked and loaded a few feet away from me when I sleep at night. Anyhow, I think the hoarding story is an AP piece released nationally. I saw the same story in the LA Time today. I like shooting for fun. I hope to maintain my right to own a variety of different types of weapon for leisure and protection. Do I think some weapons should be illegal for citizens to own – sure. I don’t think people should have weapons that would allow then to have significant advantage over authorities ability to kill them if they were to use the weapon maliciously e.g. explosives and fully automatic weapons. People having 12 gauges, 9mms and M-14s is fine by me. However, I don’t want people running around with fully automatic M-4s and MP-5s, 50 cals and Miniguns. I mean who is gonna contest a group of rouges armed to the teeth with sh!t like that who are dug into an apartment or office building. We all saw what happen Waco, and North Hollywood.

I could use my gun, but prefer my devastating wit to fend off attackers, lol.

I agree with most of the tone of this thread, like most things it’s an issue of balance, didn’t know you were much of a shooter joey.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A Mossburg 590 would be fine if you get a decent > barrel length (>= 24") but you really should get a > gun that fits. If you don’t know if it fits, > maybe you should go to the gun store. it fits well ive used it before a few times, I don’t hunt so the longer barrel might not be that gret. The 590 is primrily for home defense so it has a pretty short barrel.

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a Ruger P95 two tone 9mm. I certainly sleep > a little sounder knowing it’s locked and loaded a > few feet away from me when I sleep at night. > > Anyhow, I think the hoarding story is an AP piece > released nationally. I saw the same story in the > LA Time today. > > I like shooting for fun. I hope to maintain my > right to own a variety of different types of > weapon for leisure and protection. Do I think some > weapons should be illegal for citizens to own – > sure. I don’t think people should have weapons > that would allow then to have significant > advantage over authorities ability to kill them if > they were to use the weapon maliciously e.g. > explosives and fully automatic weapons. People > having 12 gauges, 9mms and M-14s is fine by me. > However, I don’t want people running around with > fully automatic M-4s and MP-5s, 50 cals and > Miniguns. I mean who is gonna contest a group of > rouges armed to the teeth with sh!t like that who > are dug into an apartment or office building. We > all saw what happen Waco, and North Hollywood. sometimes i really wish i could legally own a fully automatic weapon, but im a nutter. With enough money you can get whatever you want off the street, even in in canada the police are hopelessly outgunned.

Well those who apply for an Obama job need to rat on their families…On a real private-sector job do they ask if you uncle or grandfather own a gun? "Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in their family owns a gun. They must include any e-mail that might embarrass the president-elect, along with any blog posts and links to their Facebook pages. The application also asks applicants to “please list all aliases or ‘handles’ you have used to communicate on the Internet.” " —They’ll find perfect people who know NOTHING about their job. My brother in law did computers for the Navy on a temp basis for 6 year. THEY LET HIM GO since he didnt have enough points to score the job full time. They hired a disabled vet who know NOTHING about computers but got 10 extra points for being a disabled vet… My brother in law trained him for a year and then was gone… The government at work…

I bet the disabled vet knew literally nothing about computers. “Heckuva job, Brownie!”

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well those who apply for an Obama job need to rat > on their families…On a real private-sector job > do they ask if you uncle or grandfather own a > gun? > > > "Applicants are asked whether they or anyone in > their family owns a gun. > > They must include any e-mail that might embarrass > the president-elect, along with any blog posts and > links to their Facebook pages. > > The application also asks applicants to “please > list all aliases or ‘handles’ you have used to > communicate on the Internet.” " > > > —They’ll find perfect people who know NOTHING > about their job. My brother in law did computers > for the Navy on a temp basis for 6 year. THEY LET > HIM GO since he didnt have enough points to score > the job full time. They hired a disabled vet who > know NOTHING about computers but got 10 extra > points for being a disabled vet… My brother in > law trained him for a year and then was gone… The > government at work…

Is it worth pointing out that Obama’s not even President yet, so any hiring/firing decisions made by the US Navy were done under Bush policies? This is, of course, to the extent any administration has an effect on these kinds of decisions. It’s probably not worth pointing that out, isn’t it?