So, Joey, you've graded the essays before, yes?

Not trying to figure out how to game the system, and certainly not asking you to reveal anything you are not supposed to, but… do you have any advice or insight into how to approach the short answer section? For example: “How to get a sense of when you’ve written enough and should move on to the next item?” “What little things do people forget that result in partial credit when they might easily have gotten full credit?” “What stuff do people waste time talking about that doesn’t get them any points?” “If you don’t know all that much, what things will tend to get you partial credit for what you do know?” Please keep any confidentiality agreements you’ve entered, but within what is permitted, can you offer any advice?

bump I actually want to know about the allocation type more. How can you justify 0-10 is more appropriate than 11-20 especially afterall, risk will be diversified away…

yeah, I agree…if you notice the past exams, CFAI is trying to reduce the ambiguity in the questions. So, hopefully the questions will be more clear-cut.

They make me grade geek questions about derivatives and quant…

I’d also welcome hearing what Joey has to say. I think being concise is certainly the way to go, short and sweet and everything correct. (I’m going to try very hard to avoid fleshing out a short answer with anything I’m not 100% sure about.) I think the graders have to grade it that way too, considering there are a lot of talented people taking this test around the globe who aren’t fluent in English. To be fair, the questions have to be shorter and clear and the answers should be shorter too.