so many pre-nups being challenged these days?

Um, what is the purpose of saying “Asians are a bunch of whores” (language I did not use) and then saying “you should say that, and not say that someone else said it.” Particularly after your own quote said you were exercising your “insider right”, a right that I - as a non-Asian - don’t as obviously have.

All I’m saying is that the general stereotype is out there, and I don’t have the experience to say whether it’s right or wrong, but I’ve heard it from both Asians and non-Asians, so it doesn’t seem to be just something that white people think about Asian people. Interestingly, it was a Korean woman who first explained me to how brand obsessed most Koreans are, when she was explaining the gifts she was bringing back with her. It should be noted that she didn’t feel that the men were any less obsessed about it than the women.

This is all just nuts. We all know why the money whores are against prenups. The other category is the romantics. They really think they are “special” and not like everyone else. No chance the relationship won’t work. They live in a complete fantasy land and should be avoided at all costs. Mental illness, among many other things, can cause people to do crazy things and you want to leave yourself unprotected. Just nuts.

ho lee fuk

It’s fairly simple. Just ask yourself if your girlfriend would be dating you if you made an average salary. If the answer is no and you stick around, you get what you deserve.

I don’t think just presenting that hypothetical is strong enough. you got to fake a scenario where she believes you are going to be poor. then see how she feels.

yea romantics like Jodi Arias who end up killing you because if she can’t you, then no one can.

Ok that’s not fair. The question isn’t just “can he buy me nice things” but “is he realizing his full potential” ie “is he lazy”

Your income reflects how well you work. If you love your job and your job doesn’t pay well, that’s one thing, but if you’re poor and you’re not doing anything about it, then something’s wrong. And if you can’t find a girlfriend that might be a factor too.

Newsflash: women sometimes look for qualities other than your wallet (and surprisingly, can provide for herself too)

I think you missed his point completely,. He’s just trying to weed out the gold digger

No I think he’s just kind of bitter…

You don’t think requiring that a man realizes his “full potential” is superficial? According to my last tax return I am part of the top 1% of earners in my state, but I would say I work part-time at best. My abundance of free time causes suspicion among women, I don’t drive fancy cars and I don’t wear brand name labels. But, once they figure out that I’m far from broke, not living up to my potential doesn’t seem to be an issue for most. I’m sure there are those that still think I should be making 2X if I could. More money for them to spend. “Realizing potential” is just a euphemism that women use who are in denial about being superficial.

Hmm no I think you’re missing my point or I didn’t explain clearly enough.

Income can be used to measure your “inherent worth” as a person- but it’s certainly not always accurate. It does, to some extent, show how willing you are to work hard. If you say you work part-time (I’m assuming just as a reflection of your hours, not work structure), you’re probably just very efficient. And you make enough that you don’t need to put in the extra 20 hours. I meant it more as a comparison tool between someone who makes copies and someone who is pursuing a career.

But then again I am biased because I’m not at a point where I want to settle down, so “working hard” is a factor. Ask me in 20 years and I might say something else. My point is that if you find women aren’t as attracted to you if they find out you don’t have money (and vice versa), realize that there may be other factors involved.

For what it’s worth, I dated a guy for a year that made probably half my salary (and I’m making pocket change compared to you guys). He was pursuing his dream. So it was ok. That was attractive. We’re not together anymore and actually I kind of hate him for other reasons, but money wasn’t the issue (not for me anyway). Now I’m sort of trying to date someone that probably makes more than twice what I make. Which makes sense because he’s almost 10 years older. I’m not trying to date his wallet. Of course I like that he makes a lot of money. Because he works really hard. That’s attractive. We’re in different industries but do similar things and work similar hours so that’s nice. Yes he pays for most things which frankly makes me uncomfortable but I do think it’s fair that you pay proportionate to what you make (I did with previous relationship).

I couldn’t date someone who works at a law firm making copies, for example. Or a bank teller, for example. Because I can’t be convinced that that’s their dream. They probably also wouldn’t make a lot of money. But my point is that it’s not x therefore y. I guess I could argue I couldn’t date a trust fund baby. Not that he would pay attention to me haha but for what it’s worth, I think that logic would hold.

It’s superficial in the sense that I’m looking for a specific quality (hard work, pursuing dream, etc) without much thought to others (but this is hypothetical so duh). So I agree with you there. But it’s not superficial in the sense that I’m just merely replacing “sugar daddy” with “hard-working”.

So you dumped a young and poor guy and you are pursuing a rich old guy? You know what Batman says about what you say and what you do…

Lol it does sound like that haha. He left me if that makes it any better. I have no idea about batman though. And guy #2 is hardly old. x+10 is a reasonable gap.

I have no idea how that happened. Sorry.

I like it. I’m glad I’m setting the standard here.

Wealthy+rock climb+groceries:

Rock climbing gets a +. Groceries is such a blah job I would wonder what else he could do. I would prefer a barista. Wealthy- I would be intimidated. Overall score: B-

Wealthy+groceries:

I hope this isn’t offensive, but I would wonder if he’s disabled but comes from wealthy family. Overall score: F

Rock-Climbing + Wealthy:

Probably not disabled, but sounds like someone with too much money and no ambition. Like Hugh Grant from whatever that movie was. Overall score: D- (However if Hugh Grant, A+)

Groceries only: It would be a sweet story if he’s a small town boy that is born, lives, and dies in the same town. Unfortunately, my dreams are bigger than that. Overall score: F

Wealthy only: Again, major turn off that he does nothing with his life. See wealthy+rock-climbing. Overall score: F (B+ if Hugh Grant)

Rock climbing only: I met a guy in college that was basically like that. Gorgeous guy. Total bad boy vibe. Luckily, I’ve matured. Overall score: C+ (extra points for nostalgia)

*Source: Emichan’s Datability Scorecard

oops sorry ghibli i thought i left 1, now they’re all gone. can you write that out again?

Lol…maybe for the best.