So pissed !!

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > I wasn’t trying to pass, my target was to ace > it > > all like I did on L1, and L2. I am so mad at > > myself right now … > > wow. seriously, at a time when many people learned > that they failed i think that you’re being a > little harsh. it’s timing bro > > just be happy that you passed. it’s like saying > that you’re pissed about running out of grey > poupon on your fillet mignon steak when there are > people starving. it can be seen as insulting We all have goals we try to achieve. If your goals are different from mine and I show some frustration for not reaching what I had worked so hard for, I don’t see how this can be offending or insulting.

I second your thoughts Slash. This is arrogant and sickening.

Although I agree with mo that he can set his own goals, today probably all of us need to be a bit more tactful. Remember many who failed feel a big loss today.

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Mo and CSK can you share your study > plan/strategy with us ? What combination of > materials did you guys use , that amount of time > you put in etc etc ? Rudeboi, I worked two hours every morning (4:30 - 6:30 a.m) from September to June. 80% Shweser, and 20 % CFAI text. If I can go back, I would not even touch the CFAI text except for the end of chapter problems and the examples that I would do 3 times at least. Forget the text itself, it’s useless in terms of the exam in my opinion.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Although I agree with mo that he can set his own > goals, today probably all of us need to be a bit > more tactful. Remember many who failed feel a big > loss today. agreed

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not true. > > The reason people failed > > 1) They didnt put enough time in > 2) They didnt put enough time in > 3) Personal reasons (Then they are not pissed, as > they know they will ace it next year regardless). > > I dont see why people would be pissed at mo. > > P.S. You have to believe that you can pass this > test and i truly believe anyone on this board is > capable of doing so, therefore it is just a matter > of getting yourself together and pounding on it > day after day after day your post is a little presumptuous on how/why people fail. sure many people didn’t do what they had to do to pass but you have to believe that there are many people out there that gave it their all and still failed. whether it was a mental mistake on game day, personal reasons, or not knowing 1 section, a fail is a fail.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Although I agree with mo that he can set his own > goals, today probably all of us need to be a bit > more tactful. Remember many who failed feel a big > loss today. True … for that I apologize. Specially to the people who worked hard on this and didn’t make it.

oops double post

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rudeboi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hey Mo and CSK can you share your study > > plan/strategy with us ? What combination of > > materials did you guys use , that amount of > time > > you put in etc etc ? > > > Rudeboi, > > I worked two hours every morning (4:30 - 6:30 a.m) > from September to June. 80% Shweser, and 20 % CFAI > text. If I can go back, I would not even touch the > CFAI text except for the end of chapter problems > and the examples that I would do 3 times at least. > Forget the text itself, it’s useless in terms of > the exam in my opinion. Thanx Mo …how many times did you reread schweser and did you actually do all of Book 1 , Book 2 ( exams ) and Qbank ?

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Not true. > > > > The reason people failed > > > > 1) They didnt put enough time in > > 2) They didnt put enough time in > > 3) Personal reasons (Then they are not pissed, > as > > they know they will ace it next year > regardless). > > > > I dont see why people would be pissed at mo. > > > > P.S. You have to believe that you can pass this > > test and i truly believe anyone on this board > is > > capable of doing so, therefore it is just a > matter > > of getting yourself together and pounding on it > > day after day after day > > your post is a little presumptuous on how/why > people fail. > > sure many people didn’t do what they had to do to > pass but you have to believe that there are many > people out there that gave it their all and still > failed. whether it was a mental mistake on game > day, personal reasons, or not knowing 1 section, a > fail is a fail. I believe everyone can achieve anything if they try hard enough. Do you?

I read Shweser 1 time only ( except for the end of chapter problems that I did twice). I summarized Shweser when I was reading it the first time, then complemented my notes with anything missing versus the CFAI text. I did both books (1,2) and all the questions in the Q-bank ( but that was pretty much useless except for revising the concepts).

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We all have goals we try to achieve. If your goals > are different from mine and I show some > frustration for not reaching what I had worked so > hard for, I don’t see how this can be offending > or insulting. ok now we’re into a full-fledged debate (and a friendly one on my side at least). i realize that you have goals and you may be disappointed in not achieving it. it can be frustrating i know. however, you must realize that there are thousand of people who failed and are beyond miserable right now. you may not know the feeling of failing a CFA exam but it’s a REALLY depressing feeling to say the very least. put things into perspective-- you PASSED with a great score. as much as you repeat yourself regarding goal setting, you really only need an ounce of common sense to see that the presence of of this thread can be insulting to those who failed. you’re throwing it in people’s faces. the people who don’t care about this thread are the people who passed. look at it in someone else’s perspective.

Who are you fools, boasting about “i wanted to ace everything, b/c i had goals” and other fools offering their views on what it takes to be successful on these exams. Get off the ego podium. What, you truly believe getting a >70 suggests you “aced” the exam? This makes for great comedy.

I read CFAI books without concentrating on end of chapters - which turned out to be useless as i havent retained much. Then i read Schweser and did all Schweser end of chapter question. After that i went back and redid all CFAI end of chapter - performing much better. Then it was book 6 and 7 + Some QBank, but i found qBank to be useless except for advanced questions and session reviews. I also did all CFAI AM tests available, except maybe very early tests (2003 -). I also recommend reading fixed income from CFAI, as it is very well explained. Also for a lot of nuances i had to go back to CFAI books to fully understand the concepts. Schweser just wont give you the full picture

TrojanHater08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who are you fools, boasting about “i wanted to ace > everything, b/c i had goals” and other fools > offering their views on what it takes to be > successful on these exams. Get off the ego > podium. What, you truly believe getting a >70 > suggests you “aced” the exam? This makes for > great comedy. I am sorry if you found my post offensive. This is how i view challenges i encounter in life, that everything is possible.

CSK - even though its a lot of work … that sounds like a fool proof plan … when did you start ?

Too bad they won’t allow to you to register again!

mo34 you don’t belong this planet and you raised the mps bar.

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK - even though its a lot of work … that sounds > like a fool proof plan … when did you start ? I started late - in January, and then i was like “crap, no way i can manage to read everything, so i literally would come home and just read and then go to sleep and then do nothing on weekends but study”. I suggest starting earlier, like mo, in september preferably

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > ok now we’re into a full-fledged debate (and a > friendly one on my side at least). > When Michael Phelps won each of his 8 gold medals, did he stop celebrating not to offend the thousands of athletes who didn’t win Sh*** ? ( Not that I’m comparing myself to him, just an example) . If this guy had lost the 100 m butterfly by 1/100 of a second and ended up with 7 golds and one silver, do you think he would have cared about the feelings of the tons of athletes who didn’t get S*** for years of hard work and training as we would have been surely disappointed ?