So pissed !!

i guess me and mo34 agree here. It is all about point of reference and always beating YOUR OWN RECORDS. yes YOUR OWN, because you need to imporve YOURSELF and not relative to others

CSK: It’s all gravy. If you navigate thru some other threads you’ll see how your comments could’ve been misinterpreted. It’s that mo cat that i’m finding comical…the test isn’t and has never been designed to separate the passers from the “ultra” passers. It’s these kind of fools the CFAI tries to prevent from earning a charter; it’s written all over ethics. I wouldn’t be surprised he’s one of the few that will go around boasting, not only about 3 for 3, but sweetening it up by adding a bolded CFA next to his name with an asterisk that says he “aced” all categories in his 3 for 3 mission. Btw: even if you score above >70 in all categories, what, do you really think you aced this test? there’s no way to know. i’ll pry get ripped for this, but if that’s the case, bring it.

This thread is a f’ing farce

Yeah I think I’ll start in sep- Oct and increase the the hours as i go along …that way i can still manage to have some balance and retain my sanity … I agree with you that everything is possible . You guys have goals and you set out to meet them no matter what , that is commendable . I didnt pass but I’m not offended by your posts since I know you guys are not trying to rub salt on our wounds . I would prefer instead to learn from what I did wrong and what you did right . For the amount of work and sacrifice you guys put in , you guys deserve above 70 % in all sections . Just me .02 .

TrojanHater08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s that mo cat that i’m finding comical…the > test isn’t and has never been designed to separate > the passers from the “ultra” passers. It’s these > kind of fools the CFAI tries to prevent from > earning a charter; it’s written all over ethics. > I wouldn’t be surprised he’s one of the few that > will go around boasting, not only about 3 for 3, > but sweetening it up by adding a bolded CFA next > to his name with an asterisk that says he “aced” > all categories in his 3 for 3 mission. Who the F*** are you man ? Do you know me ? Never seen you post here before and you come charging like that. For your information you clown, I’m one of few here who are completely against putting stupid 3/3 or any S*** like that.

> always beating YOUR OWN RECORDS 2 hours every day Sept-May is 360 hours (that’s without weekends). I’d suggest to spend 100 hours to pass and then use the remaining 250+ hours elsewhere. Otherwise shooting yourself into the leg might qualify as YOUR OWN SKILL.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This thread is a f’ing farce Agree. Brag about your comparative scores to your friends, fine, but mentioning yourself in the same sentence with an olympic athlete speaking about a finance exam and confronting a bunch of people who just failed saying that essentially passing wasn’t good enough for you, you had to be the best, is pretty arrogant. The goal was, is, and probably always will be just to pass these exams. Achieving a certain MPS is meaningless. Your time could have been better spent doing other things.

Not only that, but check out MO34 serving up some examples that allude to Michael Phelps and his quest for perfection. At least this example is quantifiable, broken world/olympic records with legit times, not approximations! For all i know, this MO cat scored an average of 71%, so much for acing sh*t!

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > When Michael Phelps won each of his 8 gold > medals, did he stop celebrating not to offend the > thousands of athletes who didn’t win Sh*** ? ( > Not that I’m comparing myself to him, just an > example) . > > If this guy had lost the 100 m butterfly by 1/100 > of a second and ended up with 7 golds and one > silver, do you think he would have cared about the > feelings of the tons of athletes who didn’t get > S*** for years of hard work and training as we > would have been surely disappointed ? sorry that’s a different situation. you’re the type that finds ways to get around the letter of the law but misses the spirit of things. you need a lesson in etiquette. your post makes you look egotistical, anal, and whiny-- period. i already acknowledged your goal-setting dilemma. it’s something that you should keep to yourself at this time. no one feels sorry for you and your post is insulting people. that’s all i’m saying. there is good reason for someone who failed to be insulted. p.s. i hate to call you names but it is honestly how it looks like.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > When Michael Phelps won each of his 8 gold > medals, did he stop celebrating not to offend the > thousands of athletes who didn’t win Sh*** ? ( > Not that I’m comparing myself to him, just an > example) . the difference being that the rest of us who passed with probably half of your effort got a gold medal as well. take solace in your meaningless high pass rate if you like, but in a couple of months we both get the same piece of paper with the same value.

Ok, let stop with all name calling and hostility. Slash, there is no reason to be offensive, it is better to reconcile the differences. oskigo, i agree, a pass is a pass. It was just a personal goal for mo34, and everyone who knew him from L2 knew that

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > When Michael Phelps won each of his 8 gold > > medals, did he stop celebrating not to offend > the > > thousands of athletes who didn’t win Sh*** ? ( > > Not that I’m comparing myself to him, just an > > example) . > > > > If this guy had lost the 100 m butterfly by > 1/100 > > of a second and ended up with 7 golds and one > > silver, do you think he would have cared about > the > > feelings of the tons of athletes who didn’t get > > S*** for years of hard work and training as we > > would have been surely disappointed ? > > sorry that’s a different situation. you’re the > type that finds ways to get around the letter of > the law but misses the spirit of things. you need > a lesson in etiquette. > > your post makes you look egotistical, anal, and > whiny-- period. i already acknowledged your > goal-setting dilemma. it’s something that you > should keep to yourself at this time. no one feels > sorry for you and your post is insulting people. > that’s all i’m saying. there is good reason for > someone who failed to be insulted. > > p.s. i hate to call you names but it is honestly > how it looks like. Slash: there’s always one in every group; had them in college, have them at work, and unfortunately even among my circle of friends. I’m sure the CFAI is frowning at this guy and lamenting his accession. So much for character!

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > the difference being that the rest of us who > passed with probably half of your effort got a > gold medal as well. take solace in your > meaningless high pass rate if you like, but in a > couple of months we both get the same piece of > paper with the same value. Again you don’t get it. For me it’s not about the piece of paper, it’s about challenging myself to do something and not making it. How hard is that to understand ? …

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Again you don’t get it. For me it’s not about the > piece of paper, it’s about challenging myself to > do something and not making it. How hard is that > to understand ? … great but why not challenge yourself in something that actually benefits you in some way? don’t you have a life?

TrojanHater08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not only that, but check out MO34 serving up some > examples that allude to Michael Phelps and his > quest for perfection. At least this example is > quantifiable, broken world/olympic records with > legit times, not approximations! For all i know, > this MO cat scored an average of 71%, so much for > acing sh*t! Dude … if that makes you happy be it …

I dont post often but just to talk about csk and mo’s study stragtegy and make some comparisons My 2nd year writing and failed again. Read all of CFAI books, - had detailed notes written on larger subjects like PM and Fixed income while less brief notes in areas like Economics - Read through Schwesar last year and re-read some this year in topics I needed more clairty - did every single question in Schwesar test bank - did most CFA prior morning exams - did CFA free online exam and paid online exam - studied every weekend and 3 days a week until end of Feb, then did 4-5 weekdays and all weekends All this while working 12 hrs days. I felt great after exam. Completed all questions with a decent answer in morning and finished afternoon an hour earlier but stayed to check answers I failed, with a 5 ranking to boot…Probably worse than last year according to them. I am speechless Either I can’t write in english and suck in multiple choice and/or have some serious exam taking issues So, i commend you guys for passing but time and effort are not the only thing you need.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TrojanHater08 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > It’s that mo cat that i’m finding comical…the > > test isn’t and has never been designed to > separate > > the passers from the “ultra” passers. It’s > these > > kind of fools the CFAI tries to prevent from > > earning a charter; it’s written all over ethics. > > > I wouldn’t be surprised he’s one of the few > that > > will go around boasting, not only about 3 for > 3, > > but sweetening it up by adding a bolded CFA > next > > to his name with an asterisk that says he > “aced” > > all categories in his 3 for 3 mission. > > Who the F*** are you man ? Do you know me ? Never > seen you post here before and you come charging > like that. > > For your information you clown, I’m one of few > here who are completely against putting stupid 3/3 > or any S*** like that. Clown? Calm down lil beyatch; now you’re name calling! Read your ‘ish and look at what you’ve spawned in this thread, f’ face! I don’t see you making many friends with your classless act; senseless weak sauce! I hate to say this but, i’m glad you didn’t ace jack! i hope this failure haunts you forever!

I think if everyone can reconcile Mo’s intent with the post, all will be fine. Setting personal goals is admirable and I think Mo’s intent was to show how his results meshed with his own personal goals to those who were aware of those goals; not to gloat to compare with others. By the same token, Mo, I don’t think you should feel like you came up short with these marks. They are outstanding. I hope we can all be friends now.

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > great but why not challenge yourself in something > that actually benefits you in some way? don’t you > have a life? The difference between us is that I’m always trying to be the best at anything I do while you’re just happy passing. Passing and getting the piece of paper was never a motivation for me. I know I’ll get the piece of paper, sooner or later any dumb a** can get it, it’s not rocket science.

Cross1000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont post often but just to talk about csk and > mo’s study stragtegy and make some comparisons > > My 2nd year writing and failed again. > > Read all of CFAI books, > - had detailed notes written on larger subjects > like PM and Fixed income while less brief notes > in areas like Economics > - Read through Schwesar last year and re-read some > this year in topics I needed more clairty > - did every single question in Schwesar test bank > - did most CFA prior morning exams > - did CFA free online exam and paid online exam > - studied every weekend and 3 days a week until > end of Feb, then did 4-5 weekdays and all weekends > > > All this while working 12 hrs days. > > I felt great after exam. Completed all questions > with a decent answer in morning and finished > afternoon an hour earlier but stayed to check > answers > > I failed, with a 5 ranking to boot…Probably > worse than last year according to them. > I am speechless > > Either I can’t write in english and suck in > multiple choice and/or have some serious exam > taking issues > > So, i commend you guys for passing but time and > effort are not the only thing you need. Cross, just a question, did you see higher scores in practice exams over your last attempt? How were you scoring? Thanks