So really

I’m retarded. For some reason I can’t do simple things and instead I do complex things. Example: So instead of figuring out how to use a library system, I just bought books online and have a sh!t ton of books. I have been doing this for probably a decade. How do you really get a book from the library? Can I request books to be sent to a library closer to me? I sometimes ask these questions to those library people at the library in midtown and they were super confused - - and it made me super confused too. haha. On a side note. I am accepting applications for a life advisor / personal assistant forreal. Send a note to info @ blakedesigns.org with your resume if interested. If you could advise how this library process works and stuff that would be great too.

^ haha sorry for this nonsense :wink:

Lol. Dude, you shouldn’t mess with those Mexican drugs.

Amazon Kindle > local library

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lol. Dude, you shouldn’t mess with those Mexican > drugs. Hahaha - its not that - - it is just that over the course of the past 8 years I have been incredibly busy to the point that I have substituted a lot of work for time and have these social dysfunctions that appear because I would rather: a) spend 2 minutes to find/buy a book, sit at my desk, keep working, than b) getting up and going to the library on my way home from work, taking an extra 30 - 45 minutes depending on the line I thought this would be pretty common for people on this board on AF as most have to work 8am - 5pm and then study from 6pm - 1am everyday for these exams. . . and are super busy.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amazon Kindle > local library damn numi that is a great idea

Uh, if you’re reading CFA texts for 15-20 hours a week you don’t really feel like doing extra reading for recreation…maybe that’s just me

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Uh, if you’re reading CFA texts for 15-20 hours a > week you don’t really feel like doing extra > reading for recreation…maybe that’s just me +1. My amazon wish list gets bigger and bigger each year. I never have enough time to catch up during the summer before the next exam rolls around. Phil - I’ll see what I can find out; I recently became a member and got my library card in the mail last week. I don’t think I’ve actually checked a book out since high school and have only been to a library to utilize their quiet areas for studying over the past few years. Don’t feel bad, you’re not the only tard.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Uh, if you’re reading CFA texts for 15-20 hours > a > > week you don’t really feel like doing extra > > reading for recreation…maybe that’s just me > > +1. My amazon wish list gets bigger and bigger > each year. I never have enough time to catch up > during the summer before the next exam rolls > around. > > Phil - I’ll see what I can find out; I recently > became a member and got my library card in the > mail last week. I don’t think I’ve actually > checked a book out since high school and have only > been to a library to utilize their quiet areas for > studying over the past few years. Don’t feel bad, > you’re not the only tard. aww thanks daviskr :slight_smile:

I’ve moved twice in the past two years, and after lugging a ton of hardcover books around the city, I swore that I would use the library here in NYC instead of buying more books. I just search for/request books online, have them sent to the branch library near my apartment, and pick them up on my way home. I’m in/out of the library in 5 mins.

bjg23 nyc - what is your bookmark for this said online site that you login to?

^ you trying to be the next nuppal?

www.nypl.org

You know a couple of weeks ago when I said that you’re smart enough to answer your own questions? I take that back.

Classics is free on manybooks . net , different formats and languages are available. I read it on sony ereader. There is enough classics to keep you busy for a long while, besides it’s proven to be good :slight_smile: