so tensed

i m going to give level 1 'dec 11… i m so freaking out and so tensed about it… i started with ethics and i aint able to study much… even though i have my bachelors in finance… the book and so much course is scaring me out. .pls help!

So you opened the first book and you’re nervous? I know it can be a lot when the box first arrives, but you’ll be glad you started reading. After you get through a section you do another. Then you’ve completed a book. So on. Your finance degree might help you out here, but don’t rely on it too much. It’s one of those things that actually requires hard work. That’s why it is respected. No sacrifice, no reward. Put in some time studying and get something out of it. You’ll be glad you did.

I would suggest you to save ethics for later and read some other subject like FRA or Quant. These subjects need more time for practice as compared to ethics. They are also more interesting.

I started with Quant simply because I think I’m pretty decent with math and I’m excited about this part of the material.

2nd on saving Ethics for last. Lots of ambiguous stuff that you need to review closer to the test. At most, just do a casual read through and hit quant/FRA hard to begin with.

Wow there’s a lot of nervous nellies on this forum; you guys need to relax. Getting yourself all worked up is not gonna help. Start with the topic you’re most interested in and once you get in a groove the pages will turn on their own.

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Start with the > topic you’re most interested in and once you get > in a groove the pages will turn on their own. I 100% agree. Personally, I totally skipped quant and came back to it in May because I was not at all interested in probabilities, distributions, and all the rest of that crap. I started with the economics book and went all the way through to derivatives and came back to quant and ethics. At the end of the day I didn’t even really study the quant section because I had zero interest in it, lol. I’m going to laugh so hard if it turns out I did well on that section.

Should at least start with the parts of quant related to future value and present value of money - this concept appears through out other materials (equities, fixed income, etc.)

start on page 1 and memorize everything through page 3500. Anything highlighted in blue, no matter how random, had a chance to get tested.

thank u ppl for helping out… i started with quants… left ethics for a while… did time value of money… d course is still scaring me out, looking at the pace at which i m studying… !

you need to start dancing till the world ends.

If you’re not kidding, then just give it up. What in the world you want to do with your potential CFA designation in the future if you can’t cope with stress 6m before exam ???

Spank the monkey broseph

You have so much time, dude. I know the syllabus and the books may seem daunting but seriously, if you have done your bachelor’s degree in finance, there is hardly anything new in CFA L1. Even if you are studying an hour a day as of now, it is fine. Just make a steady routine. I will not really advise you to skip around much on your first read, besides ethics.

krazykanuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spreads Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > Start with the > > topic you’re most interested in and once you > get > > in a groove the pages will turn on their own. > > I 100% agree. > > Personally, I totally skipped quant and came back > to it in May because I was not at all interested > in probabilities, distributions, and all the rest > of that crap. I started with the economics book > and went all the way through to derivatives and > came back to quant and ethics. At the end of the > day I didn’t even really study the quant section > because I had zero interest in it, lol. I’m going > to laugh so hard if it turns out I did well on > that section. you wont be laughing bc you wont have done well in it

krazykanuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spreads Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > Start with the > > topic you’re most interested in and once you > get > > in a groove the pages will turn on their own. > > I 100% agree. > > Personally, I totally skipped quant and came back > to it in May because I was not at all interested > in probabilities, distributions, and all the rest > of that crap. I started with the economics book > and went all the way through to derivatives and > came back to quant and ethics. At the end of the > day I didn’t even really study the quant section > because I had zero interest in it, lol. I’m going > to laugh so hard if it turns out I did well on > that section. If you manage to get to level 2, you will be crying because you didn’t spend time on Quant. Basically, level 1 quant feeds into all 3 levels.