So what did you guys think about the test?

AM was on the par level compared to previous exams, i didnt find anything surpising that made me like what the **** is? However i missed one part of 4 marks which i could have answered and after the exam when i came home i was kicking myself to miss that.?

Secondly my experience got worse in the end when half hour left and i was left with 2 question and 2 parts of some question. My all pencil lead gone away and i was trying to sharp them but they were not sharpening and i wasted my 5 mins… Then i switched to Pen and had to do rest of paper with pen.

Thirdly please clarify me is there any harm to use pen and pencil both in mroning exam

Fourth, i had to circle one of the answer choice and i choose it wrongly then i choosed another one and i later realized that first choice was correct, i scratched the another one and i was left with no option to circle and i clearly stated in words that this is the right answer. Will i get marks.

PM was not that difficult except for one/2 tricky questions in every item set… …

Wish you best of luck

+1

+1

I was done with AM section with 30 mins to spare …went to review few answers and ended up getting two answers wrong which I had done correctly by doubting my initial intelligence …which i figured out checking the books felt like kicking Myself…overall I think between 25-27 points I think I’d count on partial credits…but just thinking about the fact that you can lose up to 54 to 63 points and still score between 65 to 70 I think I’ll have a fair chance…PM was a lot trickier than I thought but I think I did well on it should be able to score above 70 I hope …though I thought I’ll be done with it in 1:30 mins but realized it’s much more trickier than I had imagined

but one thing for sure some of the questions were very poorly worded for morning …I at least misread 2 questions and messed up my answer in a haste for time…surprised no one talked about it here yet I at least got caught twice trying to understand what is being asked in one of the cases

i think AM was much more trickier than last few actual AM esp 2015 …remember we still may have messed up few questions which we thought is correct by missing finer details in the interest of time

First question on am nearly caused me a panic attack. I think I got it but I had to leave it and come back to it. Still, even having done five mocks, I wasn’t prepared. I dropped the ball on some easy points. I am expecting around a band 8 fail.

Reading that you finished your time, how did you do it?

1: do you read the full vignette?

2: do you write full sentence or just key shirt phrases?

i could recall reading the vignette 2 to 3 times just to make sure what they were asking.

there was one qn which said “if the resulting value is within the range by +/- 5% of actual value then xxx” I was very confused with the wording here. If the answer is say 10% then it’s 5 to 15% or 9.5 to 10.5%. This was the only instance where i found wording was not appropriate.

Since MC question set format is mastered in Level 2, I focused more on constructed response during my preparation. I aimed to be balanced. I think using AM for damage control is an idea that gets a lot of talk, and people just follow the trend. There’s no reason to actually do this.

I agree that the question sets at the beginning and end were easiest, and the sets in the middle were the hardest. I like this set-up because the first few question sets are confidence boosters and warm-up, and the last few question sets can be quickly rushed through if you’re running out of time near the end.

I read the question, then the full vignette, circling/underlining key information, and skim quickly through non-essential information (based on the question).

I write in full sentences, although I often write in fragments instead of proper sentences to save time.

I usually write the first answer I can think of that I think is “probably correct”. If I can’t come up with an answer after brief deliberation, I’ll write whatever I think can get me part marks. No time to think about what the “best answer” is. The first “probably correct” answer that I think of is what I put on the paper.

AM I found ok. PM was harder than expected and I definitely fell into a couple of traps. Overall not a great feeling, but could still be just enough. I’ll see come August…

I do quick reading of vignette sometimes I read question first to understand what I need to pay attention to…and I use as much shortcut I can write in few words not more than 8 to 10

The 1st question tripped me up so bad, it ruined the tempo, and then PM had more tricks than I expected and questions you had to read real carefully to answer. Not hoping for much…

+1

Pl. don’t put Q specifics here, everyone can understand which q u r referring to, if someone answers to above then him and u both will be in violation, so pl. remove this.

First timer here.

Yeah the same, lost couple minutes there and didn’t make it make up until about 2hrs.in. I really had to hurry and was able to finish 20minutes early though and my final check hopefully saved me couple points.

I honestly feel I destroyed the PM but that might be subjective. However, I felt the same both previous levels and it turned out quite true.

Overall, I expect about 60% AM, 75-80% on the PM.

This is my worry too. Atleast on 2 occasions I circiled an answer then crossed it then re-circled another answer and pointed that “this is the correct answer”.

However, I am comfortable with this because i read it on some of the previous threads that its not a problem (if you state clearly whats ur final answer).

I literally feel like an alien here, becuase almost all of the posts i read here …you guys completed AM on time (mostly, with few exceptions of 3 to 4 marks left). While, I eneded up leaving total 33 points in the AM session (1 full question and 2 sub-parts of a question). I felt screwed after the AM session.

I had to gather myself back up for PM session. PM is where i am feeling comfortable as i hardly made any guesses, everthing seemed to be under control in PM (unless i missed some hidden tricks). Now, i am just counting on the fact that they do combined (AM+PM) marking, so that it may improve my passing chances.

I think anyone who is too confident can feel disapppointed in August. I wonder what kind of benchmark people have in their minds. I have no idea how they can calculate an average for morning and afternoon separately as well. I do not even remember all of the questions. this is funny.

By doing plenty of mocks, every single time - you do get a feel for your overall score, I think.

Overconfidence? Maybe.

So you can remember all the questions and you are sure about the answers. good. you deserve to be overconfident.