So what score are we shooting for?

What is everyone’s consensus on what the minimum passing score is? I’d guess that if the score is 70% of the top 1%, the top 1% can’t average higher than 90, so us mortals are then shooting for 70% * 90 = 63, which I round up to 65% to be safe. Anyone have any more concrete thoughts from maybe extrapolating those score bands from when people reported scores last year using the 40/60/80 method? Or anything else they’ve heard that sounded credible? A colleague of mine had a 40/60/80 score from Level 1 last year that came out to 61%, and he passed. Made me feel better. Also jibes with al the people who’ve been doing well on the practice tests, but feel bummed when they "only"get a 68% on the mock tests: i.e. 68% is almost surely a pass on the real thing, and if you felt the same as when you finished level 1 test last year (i.e. same confidence level), you might think you got 70%+ on the test last year but actually you got a 60-something (thought you’ll never know the EXACT score), but who cares, b/c you passed!! As they say in medical school, D = M.D. !! Just my 2 cents.

Um the best possible score I can get.

65 is a safe pick. Just keep at it! Wrong forum. But 65 IS a safe bet

oops, 2nd to last line in my orig post should have said “THOUGH you’ll never know the EXACT score”

As they say in medical school, D = M.D. !! Just the guy or gal I want cutting on me. I am going for 100%. I will take 70%

I like pink’s plan. It’s not like I’d get up and walk out if I figured I was at 70%.

Yes thats what my doctors tells me. Sincerely, Your friend Mr McGreg (with a leg for an arm & an arm for a leg) Apologies to Dr Nick Riviera

63% is low, Last year 50% of my points were over 70% w/ the other 50% between 50-69% correct. That means the lowest possible score i could have recieved was a 60%. I still failed, i think the minimum score is more like 67%

I am shooting for 83.33%

I feel like this is a question of how fast do you have to run to get away from a grizzly bear. Just fast enough to beat the fat kid.

I am going for a score that is higher than most but less than some.

AFJUnkie I’m sorry to hear about that last year…seems like you were right on the line what was subjects were u under 70 on? FSA, equity?

I’m shooting for a 105%. I’ll get every answer right, and they’ll give me extra credit because I’m great looking.

I’m not really shooting for a score, I’d like to pass the exam.

Yeah, this was a mindless thread to start. If anyone is aiming for anything other than 100% on every question they attempt, well that would just be crazy.

jeremyb- 105 points were on FSA that year (30% of the exam), i got over 70% on that. but was in between 50-69 on Equities and Fixed Income to name a few.

Since I already know all the right answers due to my sheer genius I will methodically choose all the wrong answers so that I can make sure the rest of you pass. That’s my gam plan. I know I know I’m just a very giving kind of person.

This reminds me of when I was in college, and class was over once all the questions we over, but you always had those kids that would ask “how many questions??” Is it multiple choice?", etc… Does it really matter?? I don’t get it… are you going to study any differently if the consensus on this fourm is that 67.8 will pass. Just study, assume you need a 70, and if not thats cool. It blows me away that there is 10 threads per day trying to guess what the passing score will be, when we should be talking about important concepts that are likely to be test on 6/7. Sorry for my rant, but with all the intelligence with this group of people, it gets a little crazy.

LanceTX Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This reminds me of when I was in college, and > class was over once all the questions we over, but > you always had those kids that would ask “how many > questions??” Is it multiple choice?", etc… Does > it really matter?? I don’t get it… are you going > to study any differently if the consensus on this > fourm is that 67.8 will pass. Just study, assume > you need a 70, and if not thats cool. It blows me > away that there is 10 threads per day trying to > guess what the passing score will be, when we > should be talking about important concepts that > are likely to be test on 6/7. Sorry for my rant, > but with all the intelligence with this group of > people, it gets a little crazy. Agreed. Who gives a shit. I’m studying my butt off to pass this thing. I dont care what I get. All I want to see is PASS.

If the pass score was 50% would you be cramming day and night for the next week?