So who else here Failed with me???? I need some company!

Pass band of only 4 !!! I cant believe how bad I actually did. I’m curious to know, for those that fialed, what method of studying did you use?? I used strictly notes with no schweser. Im going to re-think that route next year.

I passed 3 for 3, but Schweser sucks

I failed too. I also can’t believe how bad I did on the PM section. I came out thinking that PM section was not that bad. A lot of people won’t come out to say they failed now. They probably still think how could this happen…and try to digest the “fail” status. Chin up! We will nail it next time for sure…

I’m with you dude - I didn’t start studying until April. I used Schweser and CFAI, but I only had time to give each a quick pass. When exam time came, I just wasn’t quick enough. I had to leave a few questions completely blank on the morning session. Next year, my friend…

See you next year… Pass band 8 - The two questions that I couldn’t get to on the AM killed me… I read all the CFAI text 2x - took copious hand notes - read Schweser Secret Sauce - took their weekend seminar. Took online exams… Nothing could have prepared me better for the test… It all depends on what you can remember out of the 2400 pages and what they select to test on. ANyone have any idea when we can get the books - I’m curious to see what I have read already and what is new. OK - lets get party this stared - SAMURAI…

I failed too…didn’t finish the AM part and did not do well on the PM part. Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 36 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 36 - - * 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 17 * - - 5 Fixed Income Investments 13 - - * 6 Alternative Investments 11 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Execution 14 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 9 * - - 10 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 9 * - - 11 Portfolio Management 9 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Derivatives 18 * - - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 9

I need a new monitor as well, I smashed my keyboard on it once I saw the fail. I dont think you guys realize the implications on my life from this fail. In terms of new job, etc. it truly is devastating to me.

i knew i failed this sunday. will need to finish this off next year to complete the task. will see u guys around and for sure all here will crack it open next year and to ppl who passed i can only say: well done. u deserve this. enjoy:)

Sorry to hear IH8FSA. I didn’t pass either and am pretty crushed at this moment. Trust me when I say there are alot worse things that can happen. Beat it down next year, and trust me good things will come your way. Resilience will be rewarded.

I’m pretty surprised by that result IH8FSA. WTF happened?

Gosh!!! I know it was to close to call but I did not think that I would do so poorly in the morning section. Guess what, I will have some hard core rhum tonight and get rid of this result on my head and start all over again.

I failed, but expected it. Studied well until the last few days when i just lost steam. Studied mainly from Stalla and was happy with it. I do feel like kicking myself because I see all the guys that passed and I want to be them but I didn’t do the work and that’s how it goes. Still I was in the Performance band 9. So can’t be too far off. Data_Monkey the course work is almost exactly the same. a new reading replacing an old one removed. Other than that the material has just been moved around. There is a thread that details it.

I’ll be on here with you guys as well …I got raped by AM …bad time management …I used mainly schweser but this time around I think I will use more CFAI and schweser for review and additional questions . I think I got sidetracked by looking for jobs and job interviews during Feb, Mar and April and then started a new job in May …oh well atleast i dont have to worry about that next yr .

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m pretty surprised by that result IH8FSA. WTF > happened? Hey JDV, Thanks for the thought of me passing. My problem was that, I used Schweser for L1 and L2 and passed on first try. Here comes L3 and the notion took over that I should use the CFAI texts because I thought CFAI would want to prove that using their texts were superior and also due to the stab at schweser users at that 18 mark L2 question on black litterman model. So i strictly focused on the notes, started in january, took a month off from work, made actual written notes as well from all the texts. But i guess I was used to the schweser method so much that the note taking wasnt sinking in, there was just too much stuff using the texts. I know it’s just an exam, but this just cost me a new job, and stalled my life 1 year from moving homes as well. I think i’m going back to schweser, and since the material is the same, will use notes as reference instead, and for some more in depth topics. I guess will see you guys in the new year.

I also failed my first attempt at Level 3. I can’t say that I was too surprised though. I walked out of 1 and 2 pretty confident but 3 was a whole different story. I was surprised how poor I did in the PM section. I’ve used Stalla and the CFA texts in the past but am thinking about switching to Schweser.

I’m devastated because I have been at this level for several years after blowing through I and II. I really don’t understand how I passed Level II given my struggles at Level III with subject matter I find more interesting. I put everything I had this time and for the second straight year, my results don’t match up with my recollection of my confidence. Although I probably won’t, I am considering just giving it up. Please understand my bitterness right now, but I can’t stand this program with higher fees and lower pass rates and the frustration of studying your @$$ off and spending a ton of time and money to walk out of there with such uncertainty and the wait of another year to try again. But its their game and if I want the trophy, I have to play by their rules or just quit. I don’t give a flip about the designation anymore. I just wanted this process to be over and quitting is something I probably can’t do. Kudos to those that passed. I certainly won’t be giving anyone study advice because I don’t have any worth a damn. I read every page of the books this year and felt solid. I really have no clue where to go from here. In previous failed attempts, I always had thoughts on what to do different.

JDV or anyone else: Is this worth a retabulation realistically? Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 36 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 36 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 17 * - - 5 Fixed Income Investments 13 * - - 6 Alternative Investments 11 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 - * - 8 Portfolio Management - Execution 14 - - * 9 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 9 * - - 10 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 9 - * - 11 Portfolio Management 9 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Derivatives 18 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

-Shoc5235. this cost me a job, and a year of my life from moving homes as well closer to my parents. It took alot form me, but i’m not giving up. i’ve gone too far. I actually sat down with the 2009 CR and comapred it with the 2008 CR. the only MAIN change is dropping 1 LOS and adding another one. I will post the main differences in the next week or so, and you will see there is not even a 5% change. I think if we had to fail, this was the year to do it since the 2009 is very similar. Im going full force with Schweser, and using old notes as a reference, and will study the small changes hardcore as well. hang in there. I’m planning to go on vacation for new years, clear my mind, and come back refreshed.

Hey IH8FSA I know I could not fully understand your situtation and how frustrated you are. But I can send my best wishes to you. Given the commitment and devotion indicated by your description, I am sure you will pass at a high margin next time. Cheer up dude! Lightning won’t strike twice: )

also as me…should i retab? Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 36 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 36 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 17 - * - 5 Fixed Income Investments 13 - * - 6 Alternative Investments 11 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 - - * 8 Portfolio Management - Execution 14 - * - 9 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 9 * - - 10 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 9 * - - 11 Portfolio Management 9 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Derivatives 18 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10