So who is confident of passing?!

Hi all, I reckon I am on the borderline. If I fail it will be pretty close to passing hurdle and if I pass I will consider myself lucky. Used Schweser and CFAI books at times but felt more rigour was needed in my prep. Struggled with some questions like: 1. Gross IRR calculation- knew it is used but never did the calculation, so got stuck in the exam. 2. Economics- no practice made me unsure of calculating the size of economy and the decline question due to their immigration control and birth policy. 3. RI model- What would be the book value after year one. I was thinking 31 but thought CFAI would not ask anything where you can get away by adding last yearbook value and current RI. 4. HPR- weird? 5. ECN- did not know the detail that was asked. Schweser mentioned as one of the way of reducing trnasaction cost. 6. FSA syntehsis question- messed up 7. Impiled volatility CI- knew but forgot the formula to annualize. Lots many which I am unaware of excluding these ones.

I am confident I passed. It was a tough exam so definitely understandable that people failed, I think I could have failed easily if I had not prepared correctly.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am confident I passed. > > It was a tough exam so definitely understandable > that people failed, I think I could have failed > easily if I had not prepared correctly. second that. but i was confident last year too and then failure band 10. but this years preparation was more thorough…

I finished: - each sections in 1.75 hours - then went back to do it again in 1 hour (changed probably 6 answers per session) - hen skimmed a third time in 0.25 hours (changed probably 2 answers per session) I estimated I got 48 correct in AM and 42 correct in PM, giving me ~75. My method: - if I thought I was good, I gave myself 1.0 points - if I could eliminate 1, I would give myself a 0.5 points - if it was pure guessing, I just gave myself 0.0 points (not 1/3 points)

I am not confident. But I think my chances are reasonable. Last year I failed band 9. I know this year that I did much much better than lat year. I think the improvement > 2 bands. Let’s put it this way: at this point, if my life depended on a correct pass/fail estimation, I would estimate that I passed.

I will pass: Worst case 85/120, best case: 100/120, base case: 90/120

I am confident of passing. Took 2.5 hours for the AM session and 2 hours for PM session. Large percentage of PM session was easy, however some questions required real conjecture. Pure guesswork: 1 on AM and 2 on PM plus about 15 q’s (AM and PM combined) where I had to consider the possibility that another choice may be correct.

I praised all the single minutes on the exam when I did not do questions so I hope I will pass. Although it will not be shocking for me in I will be in band 8-10 too.

I think I passed as well. Best case, I got 15 wrong on the exam, base case probably more like 30. But really there were only 5 things that I totally guessed on and 10 that I wasnt sure or that I had dumb mistakes. From the posts here and from what I remember: Ethics - 1 wrong from here (sure I got a few more wrong) Quant - 2 didnt catch the negative corr. and guessed .9 on the t-stat question FSA - 1 put growth not transitional Equity - 1 PVGO - dont remember if I used E1 or E0 but killed it Econ - 1 HPR question Derriv - 2 forgot to subtract convenience yield for gold, and bond future question which makes no sense Fixed income - 2 duration statement wrong, and chose IFL instead of A AI - 2 this was my worse, IRR question wrong, valuation chose option and relative PM - dont remember but I’ll give myself 2 there. that puts me at 14 which is pretty good and a long way away from 36. We’ll see on the 18th.

only had 5-10 mins left at the end of each exam. think i’ll be in band 10, or maybe borderline pass. had to think a lot for many questions, but usually was confident that the answer i came up with was correct.

Actually I was very nervous because I didn’t do any practice exam. I wanted to take sample exam on last day but my internet connection failed. So I tried to do sample exam at 6 am in the morning, three hours before the exam started. It was insane. So I stopped after 4 questions. And just went to testcenter. Started studying too late, never practiced an exam. But at least I finished all the readings and took all the eoc questions. The strange thing is I do feel confident that I have passed this exam, after the exam. Somehow I sometimes know to peak on the exam. Hope I did this time too.

samples and mock didnt help at all really. the samples and mock were like what you would expect the exam to be. but the real exam was completely different.

Can someone explain waht all this bands stuff is? I dont think they had that in level 1

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can someone explain waht all this bands stuff is? > > I dont think they had that in level 1 You only have it when you fail. Band 10 means you are in the best 10% of people who failed. Band 9 means you are the following best 10 %, etc…

I think I probably passed. We’ll see.

if i failed then too bad… but i am confident… 70% passing chance with a standard deviation of 5%… =)

I will faill, epsecially since i have been glued to the AF since SUnday… But then when i calculate all questions wrong and even put fluff for more wrong, i still hover aorund 84-86… SO i guess ±4 questions… i can go either way and with my luck this year, i will surely fail… Fail with 10the bracket

i was pretty confident until i started reading this forum

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i was pretty confident until i started reading > this forum Same here. Still you can probably get 36 questions wrong and still pass (assuming 70%).

anyway it’s hard to say i felt really confident about passing but then i came here and found out about 15-20 stupid mistakes so i guess it depends on how many additional mistakes i made that i haven’t spotted yet. if it’s an additional 20 mistakes then i’m probably toast.