Societe Generale/Wall Street Services

Greetings Fellow AFers, I have an interview with Wall Street Services in NYC for a position with Societe Generale on Monday. My friend who is an analyst at the bank, recommended me for the position. Does anyone have any experience working with this staffing firm so I can get an idea of what to expect on the interview? Thanks everyone. Nick

Wow, that was fast since you lost your job. Anyway, I don’t know anything…Hope other AFers will help you. Good luck!

What sort of position is this?

Advice here is simple. Don’t work for a French bank.

Don’t mention Jerome Kerviel, and don’t ask how the firm’s clients reacted to the fiasco.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What sort of position is this? My friend told me it was nothing special…some type of documentation support role and he wasn’t sure how the bank was going to fill it but I would be replacing someone who is leaving at the end of the month. When jobs are being filled this way I always wonder why the person is leaving in the first place. I have another potential offer pending with Bristol-Meyers here in NJ but it is working as an analyst in their manufacturing division so it is less finance and more of a data analyst position. Not quite sure what position to take but I’m going to get some more information on Monday from the recruiter and hopefully be able to make more of an informed decision.

Be careful about joining a French bank. The French always come first. Unless you are able to morph into becoming French (meaning absolute fluency, which may not be enough), you will be at best a second class employee. A lot of people don’t see this for a while because they are in a large office of a an international bank, but it will become apparent. Besides, the French are not known for high pay. On the other hand, see what they say about the prospects for a candidate for this job.

KTE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Be careful about joining a French bank. The > French always come first. Unless you are able to > morph into becoming French (meaning absolute > fluency, which may not be enough), you will be at > best a second class employee. A lot of people > don’t see this for a while because they are in a > large office of a an international bank, but it > will become apparent. Besides, the French are not > known for high pay. On the other hand, see what > they say about the prospects for a candidate for > this job. I felt this way during my time at Bloomberg. Because I could not speak/read 3-4 languages I was ultimately a second class citizen at best…getting more and more reluctant to go to this interview and considering taking the job with BMS here in NJ