Some heartening news

Just spoke with a colleage who is getting ready to take level III. She told me that she NEVER scored above 68% on a schweser practice exam, and walked away from the actual exam with >70% on every section (except ethics…I should keep my eye on her…) She said in her experience, the actual was much more straightforward than the practice. Yes, we all knew that already, it’s just still nice to hear…

Makes that 67 look pretty good huh? :wink:

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just spoke with a colleage who is getting ready to > take level III. She told me that she NEVER scored > above 68% on a schweser practice exam, and walked > away from the actual exam with >70% on every > section (except ethics…I should keep my eye on > her…) > > She said in her experience, the actual was much > more straightforward than the practice. > > Yes, we all knew that already, it’s just still > nice to hear… Given that I scored >70 on accounting and derivatives I find this less then heartening.

don’t wanna burst anyone’s bubble…but there’s something called outliers… she’s probably one of them…or the test was one!

Pinkman, I don’t get it. Why?

Just that it looks as though my score appeared to be better and yet I failed and she passed. Grrrrr.

pinkman…i know the feeling…oh…do i know the feeling …:frowning:

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just that it looks as though my score appeared to > be better and yet I failed and she passed. > Grrrrr. Why do u think you failed? I know its a very generic question but what do you think went wrong?

Pink how were you doing on schweser exams prior to game day?

Well I’m not saying I deserved to pass. I was middle of the road in equity and ethics. (Which is a surprising as I usually do well). Highest score in econ, acct, derv. And I failed PM, Stats, and Debt. Failing Debt had to have been a fluke. But I never grasp PM and Stats that well. Which is just great as they have made them much harder this year.

My brain flatly rejects PM and stats, so I understand.

Stats is an issue for me, for whatever reason I keep blanking on things I’ve nailed down a month ago. There should be a couple of lob balls in each section though, here’s to nailing those and ‘C’ being the answer for the rest.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stats is an issue for me, for whatever reason I > keep blanking on things I’ve nailed down a month > ago. There should be a couple of lob balls in each > section though, here’s to nailing those and ‘C’ > being the answer for the rest. People are saying “D” is the hot answer this year. It won’t be around next year you know…

^^ lol!