Some son of a bit** stole my paper again.

I just moved and someone has been stealing my WSJ paper. It was stolen on Monday (when all I wanted to do was read the activites for the night prior and I had to buy a copy at 7-11.) Then it was there are Tuesday so I thought the thief was just a one-trick jerk. But then BOOM it was stolen today. I am going to write a note and see if that shames them into stopping. Otherwise if it happens again I am going to stake the place out and hunt them down.

pink, get a security camera.

no way, stake it out…

Rocking chair + shotgun + smoking pipe = scared bastard

stake it out and catch em in the act!

I hope you’re not the guy at the first floor in my building, cause I have a subscription to WSJ and the building engineer always puts my paper in front of his door everyday.

there’s going to be a throw-down!

just think how fun it will be to catch’em in the act. of course, it might be a problem with delivery

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope you’re not the guy at the first floor in my > building, cause I have a subscription to WSJ and > the building engineer always puts my paper in > front of his door everyday. IF THE WSJ IS NOT IN FRONT OF YOUR DOOR, DON’T TOUCH ITTTTTTTTTTT!!!

So Iused to have the New York Times delivered to my door when I was a professor. On Tuesdays and Thursday, I had my first class at 9:30 and some SOB would always steal my paper before I got there. So one Tuesday I went on with my fishing pole, taped the line to the paper, and waited in my office. At 9:00, snap, zzzzzzz, I gotta lunker! So I went running out in the hall, fishing pole in hand, and nailed him. Brought him up on ethics charges in front of the college’s disciplinary panel, too. Very satisfying…

Don’t you think the fishing line incident was enough humiliation?

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > IF THE WSJ IS NOT IN FRONT OF YOUR DOOR, DON’T > TOUCH ITTTTTTTTTTT!!! Are you serious? Do you think the guy throwing the paper at 6 AM has the key to the front door and bothers go up at the 5th floor to put it in front of my door when there is no label on paper?

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t you think the fishing line incident was > enough humiliation? Probably…I was young and filled with righteous indignation.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So Iused to have the New York Times delivered to > my door when I was a professor. On Tuesdays and > Thursday, I had my first class at 9:30 and some > SOB would always steal my paper before I got > there. So one Tuesday I went on with my fishing > pole, taped the line to the paper, and waited in > my office. At 9:00, snap, zzzzzzz, I gotta > lunker! So I went running out in the hall, > fishing pole in hand, and nailed him. Brought him > up on ethics charges in front of the college’s > disciplinary panel, too. Very satisfying… I’m surprised he didn’t drop the paper and make a run for it.

besides my fishing pole, I brought my .30-30.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > besides my fishing pole, I brought my .30-30. Right but he would be smart enough to know you wouldn’t do something like that in a school.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > besides my fishing pole, I brought my .30-30. > > Right but he would be smart enough to know you > wouldn’t do something like that in a school. And you’re basing this on the fact that he steals newspapers?

yes

JDV, was it another professor or a student? Maybe a Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting type?

Would have been even better if he was one of your econ students. Could have said “You should have known better. If there was really a free newspaper here someone would have already taken it.”