Someone Asked Me How its Possible....

To study for “X” number of months and still not understand a particular topic. I wasnt sure what to say other than, “When its one topic of forty thousand, its possible to not master one or two.”

oh my god!!! I get that alll the time… “you’ve been studying for 5 months!! you must know it by now…” yeah… right…

I feel your pain. Quick question for you guys, if you knew when you started what you know now about the pain, stresses, and sacrafices associated with the CFA, would you have ever started back with LI?

I tell them a CFA is like a financial MD. You don’t study for a few weeks for your medical boards, or the Bar exam…

that’s a tough one…

I even get that from my wife… I told her that I finished up with a 65% on an exam and she looked at me like I’ve been munching on retard sandwiches for the last 5 months. Yeah I’d still continue on for sure with the charter. Ask me come Aug 19th it may be a diff. answer.

I would have my problem is that after studying 3-4 months if I fail everybody will think I am an idiot as there is no exam that hard not that it would really matter to me

It also sucks that if and when you do pass, they’ll tell you: I told you so. Either they’re right or I’m an idiot. I’ll take the first option.

florinpop Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would have > my problem is that after studying 3-4 months if I > fail everybody will think I am an idiot as there > is no exam that hard > not that it would really matter to me and look at you with those sympathetic “no-worries-you’ll-pass-next-time…duma$$$” eyes…

The bar exam is that hard, so are the medical boards

I can’t imagine the medical board exams.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It also sucks that if and when you do pass, > they’ll tell you: I told you so. > > Either they’re right or I’m an idiot. I’ll take > the first option. that is exactly what happens

and hopefully it’ll happen to all of us…alll

mumu… I told you so

it’s really not going to be the end of the world for me if I don’t pass

bar exam pass rates are close to 90% usually

Dude, someone at work actually asked me if we have to memorize any formulas for the exam… I nearly vomited right there on the spot.

Clipper, that happened to me last year too… 2 weeks before the exam from someone who was also taking it. Strangely, he failed but passed in December and now tells me he finds L2 ‘rather easy’. A$$hole

Lets see how he shakes out this year. Perhaps it isn’t so easy.

mcpass, just ask him how easy it was after Aug 19th… Damn I don’t want to take this thing again… ok, off to the coffee shop for another 8hr session.