Sorry if this is a stupid question...

What do I order from Schweser? There’s like a million different options. I don’t want to order stuff that isn’t necessary since CFAI has decided that I will get their curriculum whether I like it or not. Thanks in advance.

the question bank is useful, I wouldn’t get the cue cards or anything, its far more valuable if you make them yourself, the audio is decent if you are on the go alot however doesn’t take the place of actual studying…the key is just do as many questions as you can.

Thanks. I got all confused by this seminar in dallas. It didn’t make sense to me. So just the study notes and qbank should be ok?

i also recommend schweser secret sauce. it’s a small book with all the study notes condensed. the last two-three weeks before my exam i carried this EVERYWHERE with me. it was great to go over concepts on the train/at lunch/anywhere quiet.

I would also strongly recommend the QBank. I ordered the Schweser Books, too, but you have the same chapters, slightly condensed, in the qbank. the qbank allows you to create your own mock-exams individually, and I used that feature extensively in my preperations for the exam. For me, the qbank was one of the most important tools in checking my knowledge and understanding. Cue cards, I wrote myself. It is a lot of work, no doubt, but it is perhaps the best tool not only to further your understanding, but also to retain what you have already learned.

Yeah, I wouldn’t remember anything using premade cue cards. Half the ‘fun’ is writing index cards until your fingers fall off. Thanks for the tips guys!

cfasuicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, I wouldn’t remember anything using premade > cue cards. Half the ‘fun’ is writing index cards > until your fingers fall off. Thanks for the tips > guys! I’m in Dallas and took the seminar. If you are in the DFW area, it is well worth the extra money and time because John Harris teaches accounting and alt. investments/derivatives/fixed income. Easily one of the better teachers I have ever had. As far as Schweser goes, get a package that includes Qbank, the notes, Secret Sauce, and Book 6 and you will be set. Book 7 I found to be a little too much, and make your own flash cards. The audio is just a guy reading you the notes.

I am in NY, so probably not feasible for me to head out to Dallas with my work schedule. Hopefully I can do it on my own. Thanks for the advice…ordering my Schweser stuff this afternoon.

cfasuicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am in NY, so probably not feasible for me to > head out to Dallas with my work schedule. > Hopefully I can do it on my own. Thanks for the > advice…ordering my Schweser stuff this > afternoon. He teaches one on a weekend in May in New York. If money is not an issue, I would recommend it. I don’t know your background, but if you study in advance of the class, he does an extraordinary job of solidifying the L1 FSA concepts. I feel really good about my performance on saturday and can honestly say without those classes I wouldn’t. Here is the website. http://www.accountingworkshops.com/

I feel like that would be a good move for me. I really appreciate all the help.

I would wait to see who passed before soliciting effective study solutions :slight_smile:

whether or not I passed is not going to be contingent on John Harris’ ability to teach accounting. I am sure there are dozens of posters here that can verify his merits.