Sorry In Advance

Sorry in advance for asking this question, as I am sure you frown upon L2’ers coming on the L3 board and asking questions, but… There is a general debate on the L2 board about Schweser vs. CFAI. Some people are saying that focusing on Schweser alone is a sure way to fail. If you don’t mind, please share your thoughts/experiences using Schweser and/or CFAI. I read the CFAI material in the fall but have been using Schweser exclusively since Jan 1…but all of this CFAI talk has me thinking about doing the CFAI EOC’s again… Thanks for your time, best of luck on L3

Schweser covers stuff which is enough to pass but yes CFAI EOCQ’s are must for level II and level III.

definitely do the CFA EOCs. Personally, I would never focus on Schweser only, I always read both, but people definitely pass with that strategy, so it’s silly to say it is a sure way to fail.

I used Schweser alone for L2 and passed without much trouble. I’m sure there were items on the L2 exam that were not covered much at all in Schweser, but if you know Schweser backward and forward you will pass.

KG02 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used Schweser alone for L2 and passed without > much trouble. Me too. L3 is a different story.

Way too late in the game to be debating Schweser vs CFAI. Plenty of people have passed with Schweser only (myself included) but honestly I think its a matter of personal preference. Master the material and you will pass. That being said, many people swear by the EOCs and if it helps you learn, then by all means do them. I didn’t have the patience to write essay answers for a MC exam, so I only answered the multiple choice EOCs, but the key to passing L2 is practice, practice, and more practice, whether that’s with CFAI or Schweser.

KG02 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used Schweser alone for L2 and passed without > much trouble. I’m sure there were items on the L2 > exam that were not covered much at all in > Schweser, but if you know Schweser backward and > forward you will pass. +1 for me except for “without much trouble”

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the advice. Like I said, I have been grinding away on L2 material (CFAI in fall/Schweser in spring) for months now and getting consistently above >80% on (4) Schweser mock exams…so I am somewhat optimistic… …although I have too much respect for this beast to say “confident”. I’ll be confident when I get my results, but not before then.

demmel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks everybody, I appreciate the advice. > > Like I said, I have been grinding away on L2 > material (CFAI in fall/Schweser in spring) for > months now and getting consistently above >80% on > (4) Schweser mock exams…so I am somewhat > optimistic… > > …although I have too much respect for this beast > to say “confident”. I’ll be confident when I get > my results, but not before then. demmel-- I truly think you can be confident for your L2 exam with your schwezer score >80%. Stay put–there is only less than 4 wks…

Over 70% and you’re set

I am consistently getting 60s for volume 2 of schwesers. Should I be worried - go back and review or the volume is difficult/not written properly?

i passed l2 having studied solely using schweser notes, but that resulted in several topics scoring between 50-70% and one even below 50%. if i had to do it again, i would definitely do the eoc q’s and sample exams.

Thanks for your support.

I used Schweser alone in L2, no CFAI EOCs and passed comfortably