Sorry to trouble L3, quick L2 exam preparation question

When you took L2 last year, how useful were the CFAI sample / mock exams? Were there any questions on the actual exam that were very similar to questions on the sample/mock exams? Sometimes I wonder if the sample/mocks are just decoys, recycled CFA questions that may not even benefit my exam preparation. Sorry again to trouble you. Good luck in 2 weeks.

good god man… seriously with this question?

yes they are decoys the aliens have landed …flouride in toothpaste is actually mind control, the moon landing was faked, tupac n elvis are alive in the middle east…please don forget your tin foil cap for the exam

it is a serious question, just wanted to know how useful you thought the sample / mocks were for L2. it’s not like I asked if I can: 1) bring a cheat sheet 2) make a quick phone call…but only one

mocks were way easier than the real exam last year…think i scored in the upper 80s on them. There were plenty of people who scored 80% that failed, if I remember correctly. Biggest difference was that the mocks were relatively straight forward and the real exam contained a number of nuances/tricks that really tripped people up.

I found the questions in the book more helpful than the mocks. But yes the mocks are representative of the types of questions you will see. Good luck!

ok none of the exams prepare you for the curve balls that CFA throw your way…i recall even up to now a few MCQ that were hotly debated six months after the exam…the bottom line is this know ur stuff cold , mocks are somewhat helpful but not very…

willispierre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mocks were way easier than the real exam last > year…think i scored in the upper 80s on them. > There were plenty of people who scored 80% that > failed, if I remember correctly. > > Biggest difference was that the mocks were > relatively straight forward and the real exam > contained a number of nuances/tricks that really > tripped people up. i second this sentiment