Spain wins World Cup !!!

Congrats to Spain !! Congrats to Octopus Paul for being correct 8 times consecutively, for a probability of 1/256 = 0.39% !!

That’s just one in a byte for Paul. But I’m not clear on how many games he appears to have predicted. 1 final 2 semifinals 4 quarter finals 8 semiquarter finals That actually soundsliene 15 games or 1/2^15.

Spain, proving you can win by acting. Following Italy’s lead I guess.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s just one in a byte for Paul. > > But I’m not clear on how many games he appears to > have predicted. > > 1 final > 2 semifinals > 4 quarter finals > 8 semiquarter finals > > That actually soundsliene 15 games or 1/2^15. Only German international games, incl eurocopa 2 years ago

How bad was the final? Awful…

The dutch used kung fu and several other fighting techniques. but fortunately spain was able to grind it out…

What a cr@ppy final. So booooring. I would have loved to see a Zidane type incident to make things interesting.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Spain, proving you can win by acting. Following > Italy’s lead I guess. Spain proved that you can win a World Cup playing the best soccer, best style… “Acting” and suffering dozens of faults is not in the best interest of Spain because it totally breaks their rhythm. The reason the game was boring was because the rough strategy by the Dutch.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What a cr@ppy final. So booooring. I would have > loved to see a Zidane type incident to make things > interesting. That dude karate-kid’d a spaniard in the chest!

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What a cr@ppy final. So booooring. I would have > > loved to see a Zidane type incident to make > things > > interesting. > > > That dude karate-kid’d a spaniard in the chest! Yeah I was hoping for some sort of nasty verbal altercation followed by the red card.

My girlfriend got a good laugh when she saw De Jong ninja kick Alonso in the chest, then proceeded to peacefully fall asleep on the couch until I woke her up like an hour later to let her know that Spain scored. As for myself, at least I was able to get a resume review done while watching the game with one eye open…ZzZzzz…

Anyone saw a guy bycicle kick another guy in the head? I think it was one of holland games. You tube it, pretty crazy

^Yeah, I saw that. It was awesome. “Oh, sorry amigo, thought my bicycle kick was completely reasonable in the middle of the field, in traffic, during a play that 99% of the time ends with someone heading the ball. My bad.”