Spain

Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My picks. > > Hol vs Bra -------> Holland (I know I know but > they’ve learnt to play ugly and look like they > can beat teams without attacking too much and > Robben’s back and Michel Bastos isnt exactly a > good defensive LB) > > Ger vs Arg ------> Germany (Dont want to upset > ‘Paul’ the Octopus who has been predicting quite > well so far. It picked Germany to beat Argentina > and it correctly picked Serbia against Germany and > Germany against England :P) > > Spain and Uruguay will go through in the other > games is what I feel. > > What are your picks? Btw which club do you > support? Agree with all apart from Germany. Think they haven’t had to play a proper side yet. Argentina are not England. England scored two against them with a quite rigid side, a fluid Argentina should cut through them. Though go against Paul the Octopus at your peril! I think I might have to put some money on all of these games. Man Utd.

Gave my picks already… Ghana vs Brahzil. Argentina vs Spain club: BARCA!

Oh good. I’m a Liverpool supporter and we’ve just appointed Roy Hodgson as our manager.

Uruguay vs Brazil (although I’d LOVE for Ghana to be here) Germany vs Spain (I think Germany is gonna pull through) Brazil vs Germany => Brazil FTW. Club: AC Milan and Arsenal. So FU Liverpool !!! Enjoy your mid-level club success next season. [Sorry, I can’t stand Liverpool, am sure you know why though :)]

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > I quoted this so I can have this Screen Name on > the thread again, that is all. Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man is one of the recently banned users. I think eureka or PTC.

Yeah boy! You almost got it but the final gonna be Brazil vs Argentina!

Prefer a Europe vs SA contest than an all SA final…better representation of hot chicks from both continents

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Uruguay vs Brazil (although I’d LOVE for Ghana to > be here) > > Germany vs Spain (I think Germany is gonna pull > through) > > Brazil vs Germany => Brazil FTW. > > Club: AC Milan and Arsenal. > > So FU Liverpool !!! Enjoy your mid-level club > success next season. Now Now calm down and lessen the vitriol

Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My picks. > > Hol vs Bra -------> Holland (I know I know but > they’ve learnt to play ugly and look like they > can beat teams without attacking too much and > Robben’s back and Michel Bastos isnt exactly a > good defensive LB) > > Ger vs Arg ------> Germany (Dont want to upset > ‘Paul’ the Octopus who has been predicting quite > well so far. It picked Germany to beat Argentina > and it correctly picked Serbia against Germany and > Germany against England :P) > > Spain and Uruguay will go through in the other > games is what I feel. > > What are your picks? Btw which club do you > support? Did you bet? What are your picks for winner, runner-up and third place?

Too bad for Spain only won by 1-0. They should have won at least 2-0. Where is the skill from Real Madrid gone? They are only lucky this time, and lucky for them Germany Vs. Holland in the semi-final. They may be lucky to win and play the final.

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Did you bet? What are your picks for winner, > runner-up and third place? Unfortunately, betting isnt allowed in my country. Would have made a fortune otherwise :smiley: I still think Spain will edge Germany out in the Semis and will go on to win the finals. Germany for third place, Uruguay for 4th. Spain’s weaker link in defense at times is Capdevila/Ramos. Mueller is suspended so I dont expect much trouble for Capdevila and Podolski isnt some one who goes wide and crosses, so Ramos might have enough in the tank to stop him. Alonso v Busquets on Ozil would be enough for Spain to strangle Ozil. Let’s see if my predictions would work this time or not.

Germans are considered the favorites for obvious reasons… im still with spain. Spains been struggling but thats only cuz they’ve only faced sides that have only tried to defend and not given them any room. I think this will be a much more open game, and spanish midfield maestros will have plenty of room to work with. so i’m with spain. and hopefully they’ll win the final too!

Seriously? Germany raped a so called favorites team filled with superstars and Spain could only manage 1 goal against Paraguay and yet Spain will get through? I doubt that. The way it looks like, Germany could win it all now. I’ll support uruguay though. A little bit of history with them but definitely the underdogs now.

Well, Germany have been a goal down only once in the entire tourney and they found it a little tough to win that match. In fact they lost that match tho’ they were a man down which I agree dint help them at all Spain have a bit more experience than Germany and Germany will lose Muller’s energy. He wasnt just a goal scorer, he tracked back very well and used to close down the opponents very well. I dont know who they’ll play instead of him but I think it’ll be very difficult to have the same impact with another player. Mind you Muller was a CAM so, he has those striker instincts which a natural wide player would lack a bit. It’s all hypothetical but I expect Spain to just edge Germany out. I’m not sure they’ll outplay them like they did in Euro’08 finals.

well, looks like paul the octopus has chosen spain. I dread to go against him now.

Don’t mess with Paul. That is all.

Shite…looks like Spain will win.

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > well, looks like paul the octopus has chosen > spain. I dread to go against him now. but he has only 80% success rate, remaining is LFHS.

I knew the moment Mueller was given that crappy yellow card, they would lose in the Semis to Spain. Garbage refs. When Spain wins I will root for them though.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I knew the moment Mueller was given that crappy > yellow card, they would lose in the Semis to > Spain. how much bigger is that call now??? auf wiedersehen