Speaking of Doostang, guess what just happened....!

For all you doubters, I submitted my resume last night to a BB for a position advertised on Doostang. I got an email the next day from experienced hire recruiting to set up a phone interview! The job is Sales Analyst in Asset Management Division. EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO DO. This is much closer to the sales process that my current position in institutional client service, and with a BB to boot. D.

Doostang has some good stuff, especially being able to email recruiters directly. What company? Did you submit a cover letter? Finishing udating my resume, Level II candidate now, and wondered if they expect one or if it is best to always send one. Also, do you word it as CFA Level xx Candidate, or Level xx CFA Candidate, or does it matter? Good luck, Matt

I don’t want to disclose the firm… My cover letter was on the email. Succinct 6 lines, double spaced. btw I used the phrase “I am a CFA Level 2 Candidate with xxx years experience in xxx”. My experience is highly relevant to the job, so I think that is why they got back to me so quickly. Good luck to you as well. D.

does this thing (doostang) hv canadian postings too??? if yes, someone invite me at anshulnagar at yahoo dot com

Well, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to work on my profile then. I signed up months ago but never used it. If anyone needs an invite, post your email.

anshul sent

Dante, you’ve given enough info for anyone to do a search and look up which firm it is. I got an interview call for the same position this morning but I already accepted a different offer with the same firm a week ago. Good luck man.

nbkn9xu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dante, you’ve given enough info for anyone to do a > search and look up which firm it is. I got an > interview call for the same position this morning > but I already accepted a different offer with the > same firm a week ago. > > Good luck man. Thanks! NYC is suddenly becoming very attractive…

I know…can’t wait to move to NY in 2 weeks.

I can’t wait to move out…hopefully in 3-5 years.

hobbes928 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t wait to move out…hopefully in 3-5 years. That’s a pretty long horizon to be looking to get out. What’s in your future?

Pls send me one, huflungpu@gmail.com

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hobbes928 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I can’t wait to move out…hopefully in 3-5 > years. > > That’s a pretty long horizon to be looking to get > out. > > What’s in your future? West. Would like to live in San Fran. That would be 3000 miles closer to Hawaaii.

sharmayur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pls send me one, > > huflungpu@gmail.com sent

i want to go to NY. Then i can swim to london according to googlemap

Can you guys send me an invite for Doostang at sanja_i@yahoo.com Thanks Good luck, Danteshek!

Anyone mind sending me an invite for Doostang too? aimecon (at) usa (dot) com Thanks all!

sent and sent

I’ll take an invite please: Prelude01SB@gmail.com

Sent