*SPOILERS* Game of Thrones Epi 9

Impressive that bastards can inherit at all. In real life monarchies, they might command an army or have an estate granted to them, but I don’t think any of them have ever inherited a throne in the West. That’s the whole point of bastardism.

^^I like Gendry. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow winds up meeting Arya again.

I guess it’s to cement alliance by marriage. Why marry off your daughter to your arch rival if some bastard can become his heir instead of your future grand children?

But even in Game of Thrones, bastards don’t seem to inherit any titles. The whole Jon Snow story is because he was marginalized for being a bastard. The exception is when the illegitimate children are “legitimized” - usually by a king. For instance, Ramsay Snow (bastard son of Roose) was made into Ramsay Bolton. So legally, they are no longer bastards after that.

One possible happy ending would be Arya coming back to Winterfell and whoever winds up on the Iron Throne legitimizing Gendry and they get married thereby joining Ned and Robert’s families. But, what are the chances of any happy endings with George RR Martin?

Funny post from a GoT-obsessed friend:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/steps-to-get-over-your-game-of-thrones-sadness?sub=2290383_1233842&s=mobile#1233842

25 Steps to Buzzfeed Linkbait

Yeah, perhaps, but after the emotional slugfest of te Red Wedding, I can deal with something to dull the senses.

Ok, looked it up. The Andal tradition is that all males in the direct line of succession come before females. So a third son or even a grandson comes before a first born daughter. The Targaryens didn’t have that rule and directly followed the line of succession regardless of gender. The Dance of the Dragons began when the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard defied the king’s will and raised the king’s grandson to the throne over his daughter.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dance_of_the_Dragons

For a real brain-bender, try to imagine who the legitimate heir is now (at the end of book 5) with and without the R+L=J possibility. It’s going to be pretty interesting.

This thread is dark and full of spoilers. Given how GRRM likes to run things, I predict that the dragons grow up, get out of control and eat or destroy every single human and cute animal. The end.

I just started season 1 after CFA.

So many boobs flying around, pretty much all I got from it so far.

Way more boobs in Spartacus than GoT.

^ This. And man parts as well :-/

SPOILER ALERT!

Yo, Sweep, what about Red Priest plot line? Whats up with Cat and other undeads being alive? There is a lot of magic going on which i dont see how it nicely fit with any plot out there

Also, did Davos went to fetch Rickoh?

But most important, how will zombies storm Westeros if they cant get over the wall? Wasnt Horn destroyed?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPOILERS!!!

The Rhollor priests are an interesting aspect since some are apparently way better at predicting the future than others. I think Morqorro (sp) might be the guy to back, but that would mean Victarion would become a central power figure which, although I really like his chapters, I don’t see that happening. Melisandre is finally coming around to believing JS is the prince that was promised, but she’s been wrong so many times it makes be doubt that’s the likely outcome. I’m going to go with Maester Aemon and go with Dany as the prince(cess) that was promised, though as I stated above the dragon has three heads.

Stoneheart, I think, will be mostly relegated to killing off Freys. I don’t see her playing a huge part moving forward, but who knows? The magical aspect is certainly increasing but I don’t think Martin wants to rely on it. We’ll definitely see more but I’m betting most of the plotlines will be wrapped up by good old swordplay. And dragons.

The Davos storyline going into the next book is probably the one I’m looking forward to the most. First off, I want to see what’s up in Skagos. Sounds like a pretty horrible place what with the cannibals and all, but it should be cool to hear about. I’m hopeful that Martin will give us this small reward and let Rickon come back to Winterfell to claim his lordship.

As for the wrights and the horn, there are theories that that was a false horn and there’s still something out there that can bring down the wall. Since wrights can’t pass beneath it, somehow the Wall has to come down in the final two books for the wrights to pose a threat.

^That last sentence is pretty smart.

What I found odd is that the books Sam reads mention “dragonsteel” as a weapon against the Others which hints at Valyrian steel. Problem is, Valyria and it’s dragons didn’t emerge until thousands of years after the Long Night, by which point the Others were long since driven back. Possible error by GRR?

What I think is interesting is that there are two distinct and different myths - the Zoroastrian-style story about Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa and the Westerosi story of the Last Hero. The Azor Ahai story is only one particular take on the hero who should drive back the Others, so it may not be canonically true. In any case, to be Azor Ahai, you need the sword that gives off heat, what Stannis has is a mere trinket. I bet Stannis may well become the main villain going forward.

That’s a good catch but it’s been addressed. If I can find it, I’ll link to the page that describes why it’s not a mistake.

Did anyone else think it was gross when Jon went down on that chick in the cave? I mean, they were living in the frozen wilderness and had not had a shower ever.