Sponsors for the charter application

I just passed level III. I want to join the NYC society and apply for my charter. I am new in the area. And I don’t feel like letting my boss know what I am up to with CFA. Could somebody on the forum do me this favor to be my sponsor? I need two. Thanks,

Add me to this list…i can’t find anyone who is both a NYSSA member AND a CFAI Member in good standing (meaning they paid their dues). I work w/ a bunch of CFAI deadbeats…so they went through the whole process of getting the designation, but won’t pay the dues to use the designation…i guess they have enough money not to care about the designation, but not enough so that they will pay the $250 w/out crying.

^^The other explanation is that they got all they could extract in terms of the additional earning potential from CFA designation and now the cost benefit does not favor the institute Academic question…if a charter holder stops paying dues and wants to start again after a gap of say 5 years…does he have to pay the dues for all the 5 years or just restart by paying for the current year?

Just the current year…one does not need to pay dues for Charter for year(s) that he/she have nt used it!

MFE22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just passed level III. I want to join the NYC > society and apply for my charter. I am new in the > area. And I don’t feel like letting my boss know > what I am up to with CFA. Could somebody on the > forum do me this favor to be my sponsor? I need > two. > > Thanks, I’m afraid that one of your sponsors must be your current supervisor, so you are going to have to broach the subject at work.

@Carson It is not necessary to have one of the sponsors as superisor…two current members is fine for the institute. @Others You can call your local society and they may help you if you do not know a charter…but not sure if they will assist you with 2 sponsor.

Oh yeah. I didn’t read that far: Thank you for applying to CFA Institute and a member society. To complete your application, you must have two sponsors: one regular member of CFA Institute and your supervisor. Either the CFA Institute regular member or the supervisor must be a member of the society you selected. If you cannot meet the supervisor requirement, you may substitute another regular member of CFA Institute. I wonder do you have to provide a reason why you couldn’t meet the supervisor requirement. If you are currently unemployed for instance, then it would be impossible. Does the CFA Institute accept not wanting to ask your supervisor as a reason?