SS12 Qs

In which of the following situations is the board of directors most likely to become more effective?

A) The firm has sustained several quarters of losses and the firm’s stock price has been consistently declining. B) The firm’s earnings have been increasing and the stock price has been consistently increasing. C) The economy is in a recession and the firm’s stock price has been consistently declining.

A. It’s about time when people finally wake up and realize there is a problem

i choose A too.

in B, all directors and execs go out for drinks and have sexy parties

in C, all directors and execs go smoke cigars and blame everything for the economy

A definitely

answer is A, it seem a waking up question :slight_smile:

Agree/disagree

A. a country’s financial markets will remain segmented unless it undergoes liberalization first because foreign investors will otherwise refuse to invest in the country’s assets.

B. Shrum states that investors are sometimes biased toward their home markets and are heavily weighted in their home country assets.This occurs, Shrum says, for various reasons including the fact that investors are often more comfortable with investments they are familiar with. Shrum says that market integration and the home country bias are related because the home country bias will prevent markets from becoming more integrated.

A = false

B = true

A = True

B = True

Mcap correct, A incorrect due to using of ETF, …

Which of the following best characterizes the effect of liberalization on market microstructure in emerging markets? Liquidity:

A) increases and bid-ask spreads increase. B) increases and bid-ask spreads decrease. C) decreases and bid-ask spreads increase.

why a country’s financial markets will remain segmented unless it undergoes liberalization first because foreign investors will otherwise refuse to invest in the country’s assets. is false? there is no mentioning ETF here…

A. As local brokers will take advantage of the inexperienced non local investors. Bad guys!

Sorry, ADRs…

Although liberalization is important and increasingly used, a country’s financial markets need not remain completely segmented before it undergoes liberalization. In other words, there are degrees of integration that may be accomplished by means other than liberalization. For example, a market can be accessible through American Depository Receipts (ADRs) or through closed end country mutual funds before the government begins the liberalization process. In this case, the market is partially integrated.

Flx, I dont know they r bad guys or not, but I never hear some one says wall-street-ors are good guys :))

I initially choose B …due to more efficient… :frowning:

a country’s financial markets will remain segmented unless it undergoes Integration first because foreign investors will otherwise refuse to invest in the country’s assets.

I change liberation to integeration, so the statement is ok or not?