Stalla app for the iPad

Has anyone tried the Stalla flashcards for the iPad? Each one has a LOS and a description. Seems expensive at $199.99, but studying the LOS specifically has to be helpful. They have them for all 3 levels. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stalla-2010-level-ii-mobile/id364735945?mt=8

Nope, don’t have an iPad and probably never will. I wish they made products for the Blackberry.

IPAD is homoskedastic to the Nth degree… all these fanboyz salivating over a slab of glass with no computing power make me laugh… Also, Stalla does not write the exam… CFAI does…read the books, thats why they send them to us

Thanks for the insightful OPINION db_4life. My opinion - if you’ve got the extra time (i.e. 2+ extra months of study time) go for the CFA texts. Knock yourself out. Personally, I have a wife & kids, + many other responsibilities, for which I was not about to completely ignore for 6 months. Schweser all the way - no regrets on Saturday. If you’ve got the means and want to use any and all tools available, why not? Oh, wait, Stalla doesn’t write the exam. Moron.

I had the flashcards this year and never used them. Don’t think they’re of much use especially on the trivial pursuit stuff and on how to solve actual questions. You were not getting any of the detail you needed to answer the Q’s from Saturday via the Stalla flashcards. They’re cool for quickly hitting core concepts but as we saw, focusing on those alone guarantees failure. I only got them thrown in free because it took them over a week to manually process an order I placed on the web so they threw them in for free.

Sorry there buddy…didn’t realize I hit a nerve talking smack about Stalla. Hope you got the Ibbotson-Chen RP question correct…Now I think it’s time for you to get back to your oh so busy life…

Yeah Stalla gets the middle finger for not calling it that and for not having a single mock exam question on PE calculations. Now i must bow down to the CFAI gods and ask for forgiveness i didn’t use their books as the primary source.

In future, I will have an iFloor at my home to step on.

vik2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In future, I will have an iFloor at my home to > step on. LOL…yes, and it will look exactly like the iCeiling, and iWalls…yet ppl will anoint it as cutting edge…sad day for innovation

“Sorry there buddy…didn’t realize I hit a nerve talking smack about Stalla. Hope you got the Ibbotson-Chen RP question correct…Now I think it’s time for you to get back to your oh so busy life…” Repeat my moron comment. And yes, I did get the question. I don’t blindly memorize formulae - the problem was clear. I recognized it immediately. When you grow up and have other commitments perhaps you’ll understand.

Kabaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Sorry there buddy…didn’t realize I hit a nerve > talking smack about Stalla. Hope you got the > Ibbotson-Chen RP question correct…Now I think > it’s time for you to get back to your oh so busy > life…” > > Repeat my moron comment. > > And yes, I did get the question. I don’t blindly > memorize formulae - the problem was clear. I > recognized it immediately. > > When you grow up and have other commitments > perhaps you’ll understand. …I think you have proven how “grown up” you are on this board… …Oh, and you don’t blindly memorize formulas? What did you do?..sit in a room with Ibboston and Chen and have them explain their underlying thesis to you? I’m afraid this is a plug and play Q, with very little in the way of explanation presented in the CFA text…Oh, but I’m sure Schweser/Stalla went into that kind of great detail for you – while failing to call it by it’s correct name… Try and relax next time keyboard commando… I wasn’t trying to hurt your feelings

hahahahhahhaha! Gold. Pure gold.

Kabaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hahahahhahhaha! > > Gold. Pure gold. Is this it for you old man? I was enjoying our little back and forth…too bad I won’t be around on the L2 forums next year…enjoy the summer, don’t get too bogged down in all your big grown up stuff…

This has been fun.

Thanks for the comedy boys.

I’ve got the iPad (gift, wouldn’t have paid for it myself) but I don’t think I’m going to risk $200 on an application that no one has tried or reviewed.

I had the Stalla flashcards, used them while reading the text and answering passmaster. They were somewhat useful but never touched them after February and ended up spending $6 on index cards and making 300 of my own flash cards which were 1000x better. I think your better off putting your $200 towards passmaster and making your cards.