Stalla FSAVideo CD's

I’m just starting FSA. Read the CFA Institutes first two readings, one more to go for SS7 before I can read my Stalla materials. But DEAR LORD - The lectures are 4-6 hours for each of the four FSA sections! 1) Any tips on dealing with this volume of matrial? (I’ll try to take good notes!) 2) How do I tell the wife I need to stay up to 2-3am on these ones? :slight_smile:

I agree! I am spending a ton of time reading and taking notes let alone the long lectures!!

Only a couple of SS are longer than 4 hours (in Stalla), and that’s understandable, those are the toughest sections (in FSA and fixed income, if memory serves me right, and probably one in economics too? plus are delivered by Peter Olinto, so stop complaining about it:) ). You’ll get over those, once you understand those are the longest because they have a greater weight in the total scheme, plus deal with fundamentals, therefore it is normal to have those sections longer. Try to get your wife to study with you:) That’s the trick I used with my hubby, and it worked, it bought me some time:)

Econ 2 was 3.5 hours FSA 3 is almost 5.5 hours. Spending 5.5 hours with Peter Olinto should be great, but not like spending time with the wife.

DanLieb Wrote: -------------------------------------------------------. > Spending 5.5 hours with Peter Olinto should be > great, but not like spending time with the wife. LMAO

Some candidates take longer or need longer explanations, others don’t. I’m from the first category. Either you do it, or you don’t, no way around it. That’s how I see it. And since I’ve decided I’m in, I also made the decision to like it, or to make the process as enjoyable as I can.

FSA is one of the areas that you need to go over multiple times. No shortcuts, just be patient and it will eventually come to you.

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Read the CFA Institutes > first two readings, one more to go for SS7 before > I can read my Stalla materials. But DEAR LORD - > The lectures are 4-6 hours for each of the four > FSA sections! skip the lectures.Just move on with the CFA material !