Stalla Materials

Hey, just passed LII and now on to LIII. I’m 2 for 2 with Stalla and have been very happy with the materials, but one of my buddies who went 3 for 3 was disappointed in their LIII materials, feeling unprepared going in. Seems like most people on AF are Schweser users, but can anyone give me some commentary on the LIII Stalla stuff? How was it? Thanks much.

I was very happy with it! Stuck with Stalla on all three levels and went for 3 for 3:) Would highly recommend it!

Thanks, and congrats. My sense is that if it’s not broken, don’t fix it, so I’ll likely stick with Stalla and then, as I did with LI and LII, supplement it with a Schweser intensive weekend seminar. Any other thoughts are much appreciated!

That was exactly what I thought-if it worked the first two times, stick with it. The only drawback on the L3 Stalla lectures is the absence of Peter Olinto-he truly makes a difference. But the instructor on L3 was decent overall. I’d suggest following whatever worked for you the first time around. I know many people would point out that L3 is an entirely different animal but I’d say that study routine takes precedence over content. Just my 2c. Good luck to you!

I used stalla for all 3 and went 3 for 3. But i did also use the CFAI books.

Thanks. So, really seems like Schweser completely dominates here. Does Stalla even account for 25% of AF participants? Just curious…

i used stalla for level 1 and level 2, but seriously thinking about switching to Schweser. It seems like more people in Level 3 AF were using Schweser, plus from what I heard Stalla level 3 contents were inferior to Schweser. Any comments?

I used Stalla exclusively for all 3 exams and was very satisfied. Didn’t even open the CFAI books for any of the levels. Anyone that complains that Stalla (and most likely any of the providers) didnt prepare them enough probably didnt really learn the material they were provided. That being said, I did miss Pete in L3. He made 4 hours of CFA lecture seem like 3 hours and 45 minutes.

vranka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That was exactly what I thought-if it worked the > first two times, stick with it. The only drawback > on the L3 Stalla lectures is the absence of Peter > Olinto-he truly makes a difference. But the > instructor on L3 was decent overall. > > I’d suggest following whatever worked for you the > first time around. I know many people would point > out that L3 is an entirely different animal but > I’d say that study routine takes precedence over > content. > > Just my 2c. Good luck to you! do you happen to remember the name(s) of the instructor?