Stalla Mock exam, anyone?

Hi, just wondering if anybody completed this Monster and any feedback? OMG, if the real thing is anywhere close to the Stalla Mock, I think I’ll just have to quit the profession. Scored 71 in the morning with a bunch of guesses. The afternoon exam I am basically melting as I proceeded. My brain stopped functioning. A lousy 57 with many guess. I thought I was reading War and Peace, in Russian! Someone please help me get back on my feet, so I can face the explanation session tomorrow. I never realized I am THIS unprepared!

STALLA! SCOFF! You go Schweez or go home. j/k

I have the stalla mock. I got smoked in the morning session with a 60% like 2 weeks ago. I decided to review a little more and will take the other half sometime this weekend. Last year for L1, I found that the Stalla mock was harder than the real thing, so I’m hoping that is the case this year.

I’m holding it off as my final practice exam, which should be the Mon-Tues before the exam.

Let’s hope so. Let me know your feedback to the afternoon session. Best luck! DC Zanini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the stalla mock. I got smoked in the > morning session with a 60% like 2 weeks ago. I > decided to review a little more and will take the > other half sometime this weekend. Last year for > L1, I found that the Stalla mock was harder than > the real thing, so I’m hoping that is the case > this year.

Same, holding off till next weekend to do it

For those of you holding off on the Stalla exam, when are you planning on taking the CFAI mock exam. I have both but I’m not sure which one to take this weekend and which one to take next weekend.

FOr L1 stalla mock was way harder than the exam so i gave it a miss. I am going to try and do the cfa1 one, it would be silly not to, wouldn’t it?

aarguello Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those of you holding off on the Stalla exam, > when are you planning on taking the CFAI mock > exam. I have both but I’m not sure which one to > take this weekend and which one to take next > weekend. I took the mock and thought did pretty decent, 60 in the morning and 71 in the afternoon. I got rocked on the Stalla Practice Exam book, though :frowning:

Agreed 100% on the stalla practice exam workbook. i’ve scored in the high 60’s on all three and found them to be very disproportionate in terms of the subject weights within categories and their even distribution through the exams. For example, morning session exam 2 in the workbook, i counted 5 complex cash flow problems in the fsa section and six GIPS questions. From the actual CFA exam’s I’ve downloaded, there are only 3 GIPS questions on the entire 240 question exam. Additionally, I’ve got to say that I’m negatively surprised at the number of errors (typographical and mechnanical) in Stalla’s materials. Pretty weak for the bucks you spend on this stuff. Schweser any better?

st_louis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed 100% on the stalla practice exam workbook. > i’ve scored in the high 60’s on all three and > found them to be very disproportionate in terms of > the subject weights within categories and their > even distribution through the exams. For example, > morning session exam 2 in the workbook, i counted > 5 complex cash flow problems in the fsa section > and six GIPS questions. From the actual CFA > exam’s I’ve downloaded, there are only 3 GIPS > questions on the entire 240 question exam. > Additionally, I’ve got to say that I’m negatively > surprised at the number of errors (typographical > and mechnanical) in Stalla’s materials. Pretty > weak for the bucks you spend on this stuff. > Schweser any better? I have the secret sauce. There are some typos and a few incorrect conclusions. Stalla has fewer typos.