Stalla or Schweser

I used Schweser for L1 and L2. for L3. which one is better? any suggestion? thanks

I’ve had a few of the same discussions on here. If you’ve had success with Schweser, there’s no reason to switch. I’m 2 for 2 with Stalla and that’s what I’m going with for L3. From what I can tell, they both do a great job. Go tough.

OK, I’m in the same boat (always used Schweser/CFAI), am a new L3 candidate, and have read all the comments about Stalla on this forum. Basically the only reason I’m even considering Stalla is that I looked at their free videos “Solutions with Stalla” online and these seem far far better than Schweser. Schweser videos are just a talking head that walks through a powerpoint. I’ve hardly used videos in the past, but think it will really help me for L3. I can’t afford to buy both Schweser and Stalla, and would like more specific guidance than the typical “worked for me” or “3 of 3” comments I’ve been seeing. * Are all the Stalla lecture videos as good as the freebie solutions videos they have online. * Is Passpro just as good as SchweserPro? * Are Stallas practice exams really that much worse than Schweser?

I have not used Stalla, however, my using of Schweser was very successful, passed all my 3 level with Schweser premium package (Notes, Q-Bank, Video CD and 3 day seminar). You have already passed LI and LII via Schweser, I would suggest that you stick with Schweser, it may be a “learn curve” with a new provider (Stalla in this case). Make sure you read the CFAI material on areas that are not covered well by Schweser.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have not used Stalla, however, my using of > Schweser was very successful, passed all my 3 > level with Schweser premium package (Notes, > Q-Bank, Video CD and 3 day seminar). You have > already passed LI and LII via Schweser, I would > suggest that you stick with Schweser, it may be a > “learn curve” with a new provider (Stalla in this > case). Make sure you read the CFAI material on > areas that are not covered well by Schweser. Plz page # from CFAI Where it says you have to stick with Schweser

^ahahha, LOL, LOL, LOL Volum 5, page 12394, bottom of the page: “Usage of this material will not provide guaranteed for candidate to pass, however, CFAI will question the validity of your passing if you use any other 3rd party material”

^----------- :smiley:

lv309, If you like Schweser and you think it worked for L1 and L2, I wouldn’t switch now. I’ve compared Stalla and Schweser and I personally prefer Schweser. Their notes seemed more concise and easier to read. They both have a question bank and are probably pretty similar. Schweser has a lot more seminar options. Stalla does have one thing that Schweser does not: if you go through their question bank and get above 90% (I think) and you still fail, Stalla gives you the notes the following year for free. If your company pays, that is irrelevant. Schweser offers a 50% discount for repeat test takers if you used Schweser the previous year. If you use another provider, Schweser gives you a 20% discount.

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Schweser offers a 50% discount for repeat test > takers if you used Schweser the previous year. If > you use another provider, Schweser gives you a 20% > discount. Stalla actually also gives you the 50% off for repeating people who do not qualify for the free repeat (90% plus on all Qs and attend/view all lectures). I have also passed L1 and L2 with Stalla and am thinking I will probably stick with Stalla for L3.

I used Stalla for Level I and II and passed, but for Level II I also took the Schweser SSFA Windsor course (which I recommend) and ended up with their Study Guides as well. Honestly, their programs are both very similar and I’m going with what I’m comfortable with (Stalla) and I’ll be back for the Windsor SSFA for Level III, but at the end of the day, I think passing depends on whether you understand the concepts or not, both Stalla and Schweser cover the same stuff…the CFAI books are there to fill in the gaps… Don’t really think one is better than the other, but Schweser is certainly more popular…my CFA society (Toronto) has a discount with Stalla, which was how I ended up choosing them.

I don’t think Schweser SSFA Windsor course was worth it. One of the primary instructors made us rewrite many of the slides due to errors. He was fill-in for Greg Filbeck who was supposed to be the instructor, but had a committment to do the Goldman Sachs review class. Had i known, I would not have attended. The positives were the ethics instructor and the mock exam (which half the class blew off to catch their flights home)