stalla/schweser material which one is better

i’ m a new comer in preparation in June 2008 examination. I cant make any decision whether it buys the stalla or schweser material package. Can anyone give some comment on both stalla and schweser?

I’m sitting for the december level 1 and have been using schweser to review. It isn’t very in-depth, but you can move through the material pretty easily. I wouldn’t suggest it if you don’t have a finance/econ background, but its a good option if you do. Its also much cheaper.

Any one want to sell their CFAI readings? Email me: ggoffunds @ yahoo.com

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sitting for the december level 1 and have been > using schweser to review. It isn’t very in-depth, > but you can move through the material pretty > easily. I wouldn’t suggest it if you don’t have a > finance/econ background, but its a good option if > you do. Its also much cheaper. hi mar350, i haven’t any finance and econ background, do you feel schweser material is better for me? stalla seems to be official provided to the candidate.

andersonng168: I don’t have a finance background either and I am using Schweser (with the CFA curriculum textbooks) to prepare me for the December 2007 exam. I found Schweser to be good. I do find that there are some times where I had to look at supplemental material, but I guess that just comes with the territory overall. I hope that this helps. I think that if I failed the 2007 exam I would feel more comfortable with the June 2008 exam.

Both reviews are good, but Stalla is much more in-depth. Schweser is study notes that don’t really explain the topics, they just get you through them. Since you have a good amount of time to study you might want to try the Stalla as it prepares you much better for the tests. Its just more expensive.

I would go with Schweser. I used it last June and passed LI. Didn’t use the CFAI materials at all. I can’t comment on Stalla bc I have never used their stuff. All I know is Schweser did a great job of preparing me for the LI exam. I don’t recall seeing anything on the exam that was a surprise. I think the Schweser book 6 practice exams are a good gauge too. From what I have heard and my own experience, if you are making >70%s on those exams, you are looking pretty good for the real thing. I must add that I also used the Schweser online question bank. I thought it was very good too. It allows you to answer question after question after question…which was the best way for me to learn anyways.

Hi mar30, govols, donski212, all are given the valuable comments to me. Thanks