Stalla Video Lecture

Hi, For anyone who has bought Stalla level 3 video series this year, what is the breakdown in terms of the instructors’ portions of the materials? Thanks in advance.

I bought it, but I’m not sure I understand your question? Are you asking who teaches what section?

Ben Jones, Darren DeGraff, and David Hetherington. Ben Jones must be practicing at home in front of a mirror because he’s much better this time around (through one lecture). PO is great, but I’m very happy that DH is in the mix. In terms of breaking down complex topics, Hetherington is the best.

Yup, DH covers most of the topics. He is the only reason I got the Stalla package.

In the mix and about half way through a 3.5 hour session with DH. Love it. No excuses.

Thanks for the replies. I have used Stalla for level 1 and 2 and I certainly love PO and DH. BJ was not that great in level 1 and 2. How is Darren DeGraff?

The best description of Ben Jones’ style: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1049430,1049817#msg-1049817

I’m just doing my first video SS with Darren DeGraff. He’s good, but he’s VERY slow going through the material, and I think it’s because he’s making the assumption that you’re writing notes the entire time (he wants to give you adequate time to write). In fact, when he tells you to write something down or star something, you can hear a pencil writing in the background of the video, so he’s obviously trying to make sure he doesn’t move on until he knows he’s given the viewer time to write everything down. I guess this could be good for a live class setting, but it’s a little too slow for my liking and I’m finding that I’m constantly fast forwarding through the stuff. Ben Jones is better this year but still not great. David is great as always. Wish Peter O was doing Level 3.

I am just finishing up SS 4 Portfolio Management for Individuals. David H. is fantastic. I like how he works on old exam questions and breaks down and explains what will give you full credit and what to avoid. Great stuff.

i just kop’d “the system” from stalla and ill be using David H to my advantage shortly… strategy though is CFAI text and readings and EOCs coupled with Stalla videos…i will not be using stalla texts

Oh what the heck. No Peter Olinto for Level 3?!?! I thought LIII was mostly going to be PO and DH and no BJ. Anyway, interesting to see Darren in the lecture CD. I remember attending his live lecture back in Level 1. He was the best instructor out of all. Not sure how he good he is in the CDs.

Agree with Darren - horribly slow and frustrating - and just when i thought Ben couldn’t get any worse he did…painfully bad. I am asking Stalla for a refund, these guys are garbage

Concur. It seems like he’s not comfortable with material at all. Considering this is the last exam, you definitely want the confidence that PO and DH brought for Level 1 and 2.

The_Next_Olinto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Concur. It seems like he’s not comfortable with > material at all. Considering this is the last > exam, you definitely want the confidence that PO > and DH brought for Level 1 and 2. Duly noted, as luck may have it DH teaches the live Saturday classes in NYC.