Stalla Videos versus Schweser Videos

Hi all, I have been using Schweser videos and was wondering how are the Stalla videos as compared to that. Any body can shed light on this. Now I have got a chance to listen to them but was wondering should I be focusing on doing the questions or listening to Stalla videos? Thanks S

Stalla videos are awesome If Peter Olinto and David Hetherington (I think that’s how u spell it) are doing the videos but it depends where u are in your studies. Do the questions and then if there is really a topic you are struggling with then watch the videos.

Stalla videos are by far, IMHO, much better than Schweser. But then again, I haven’t seen Level 2 videos for Schweser. I’ve only seen Level 1 Schweser videos. Peter Olinto is such a pimp in Stalla. He makes watching lecture fun and not too boring. If you get Ben Jones to lecture in Stalla, he just sucks. Do not base Stalla lectures on Ben Jones. Peter and David are the two good lecturers. David isn’t as giddy and extroverted as Peter, but nonetheless, good lecturer and gets to the point. I like Stalla lectures because Peter explains things thoroughly and the notes you take on each lecture slide is good information. Peter also gives you enough time per slide, repeating the things he wants you to right down. I highly recommend the Stalla lectures as well as the entire study program. Money well spent I think.

I highly recommend Stalla. As mentioned above Peter Olinto does a great job in the videos and is even better in the live classes. IMO watching the videos is a great way to learn about a topic, however you still must read the study guides and do as many practice questions as possible. Keep reading and going over practice questions until the topic becomes second nature to you. I have only used the secret sauce from Schweser so I cant comment on their product. The secret sauce is great for review though.

are there any slides handouts that accompany the video CDs? How do you use videos? S

CFASlayer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I highly recommend Stalla. As mentioned above > Peter Olinto does a great job in the videos and is > even better in the live classes. IMO watching the > videos is a great way to learn about a topic, > however you still must read the study guides and > do as many practice questions as possible. Keep > reading and going over practice questions until > the topic becomes second nature to you. I have > only used the secret sauce from Schweser so I cant > comment on their product. The secret sauce is > great for review though. Were you there for the pension/fx translation class? That was pretty brutal.

God himself couldnt make pension accounting interesting. bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFASlayer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I highly recommend Stalla. As mentioned above > > Peter Olinto does a great job in the videos and > is > > even better in the live classes. IMO watching > the > > videos is a great way to learn about a topic, > > however you still must read the study guides > and > > do as many practice questions as possible. Keep > > reading and going over practice questions until > > the topic becomes second nature to you. I have > > only used the secret sauce from Schweser so I > cant > > comment on their product. The secret sauce is > > great for review though. > > Were you there for the pension/fx translation > class? That was pretty brutal.