Stalla vs. Schweser

I know there have been a number of posts on this topic before, but I thought I’d bring it up again now that it’s time to get going on Level II. I just passed Level I having used Stalla. I definitely enjoyed the CDROM lectures with their guy Peter Olinto and have had other friends that have used Stalla with success as well. Having said that, Schweser seems to be the more popular study guide. I attended a Schweser intensive 3 day review session in late October which was also good, and the materials they provided seemed to be well done. Anyone have any thoughts? I guess if it’s not broken, I shouldn’t fix it by switching to Schweser, but let me know if y’all have any comments on what you think is best. Thanks and good luck cranking on.

I think I’m going to stick with Stalla. As the adage goes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I passed too using it. I like Peter Olinto. I wonder if he does all the Level 2 stuff too…

I have relied exclusivelly on Schweser. I am gonna use it for L2 as well. Excellent coverage, very relevant, straight to the point.

Yes, Olinto is great, but unfortunately Stalla does some of those lectures and he’s just not nearly as good.

jpkath, I had this same question as I used Stalla to pass my Level I this past December. But it seemed like this board greatly favors Scheweser over Stalla. Through the help of this board, I found out that Peter Olinto and David Heatherington does the lecture CDs for Level II. And I heard Dave is pretty good too. So I’m sticking with Stalla. Good luck with Level II.

So you passed LI on Stalla, but you thought you’d make a change for LII? So I once heard Paul Tudor Jones tell another hedge fund manager “Never mess with the mojo [of something that’s working]”. AFAIK, Paul Tudor Jones doesn’t have a charter but he’s done pretty well for himself in capital markets.

Thanks, sticking to my guns…just ordered Stalla today.

Used stalla videos and scheweser notes for L1 (long story). Signed up for Stalla today and will use throughout. Towards the end i will try to land a Schweser Qbank and Book 6 on the cheap.