Start Studying Now

Some unsolicited advice to all of you at the final step (granted you have the work experience) of the Charter process. I passed first try and began studying in December 2016 for the June 2017 exam. Start now. You will get through the material in 2-3 months which will leave you ample time to revisit and refine.

The reason you’d start this early on a lower content exam? The hardest section of all 3 levels lives at CFA III… The essay section. Yes you plan to survive the morning and ace the afternoon, but I don’t care if you finish under 3hours on all your mocks. Come game day, you will struggle to finish in time. Take the extra time and learn how to take the essays. It is a total bear and if you aren’t hard on yourself while grading your mocks, then you’re sunk.

Otherwise, good luck. Buckle down and take what is yours. You worked at this and don’t let something like a few hours of leisure prevent you from the grail.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be starting the grind in a couple of weeks.

Starting tonight…

…This is what excited feels like, right? Sad and depressed.

Good luck Mambs!

You too Rex! One and done dude.

Hi All,

I used Arif Irfanullah video tutorials for all three levels and in my opinion its super useful (and probably the best series out there in the market) for covering all the essential concepts tested during the exam. I highly recommend everyone to purchase the same from IFT website as it will serve both the purpose of saving time and exhaustively covering the key takeaways needed for the exam. Its turned out to be exceptionally helpful to me! I passed all three levels at one go only due to his video series.

hello all! its band 9 high 50s mock guy!

At the risk of taking it too easy, I am honestly not scared at all of level 3. dont plan on starting until after the Holidays and i dont think thats too late, from everything ive heard.

Are people starting now? for real?

I started passive reading in October, now I am forming my note, hopefully I’ll be done by December 31, then I’ll start active reading in January 2nd.

So start from somewhere now bro, the earlier the better.

Cheers.

I’ll be starting probably around the same time as you. It’s about when I started for L2 last year, and the bonus with this year is that the exam day is towards the end of June, not the beginning.

Unlike others on this forum, I don’t believe that starting extra early is always a good thing.

I started on November 1st when I sat for the exam this year. In hindsight this exam taught me more than just finance which is to take care of yourself first. Hence, it makes sense if you want to spend the holidays with family and friends. All I am saying is that it is not that outrageous to start now and some may find it wise. Let’s just say my mantra was one and done. Thank God it worked. Best of luck everyone!