starting now - failed l3 last year

So I passed L2 in 2008 first try, failed 2009 last year (band 8) - this was after having hand surgery and simply not preparing enough. I did get through readings, but did not take enough exams or frankly devote enough time. It is now April 30, and I have 5 weeks. I am taking May21-May6 (2 weeker) off from work to study full time. I am taking online video classes through 7city, I have schweser materials, and the CFAI books. Any advice on strategy? I suppose I need to start full time studying tomorrow morning over the weekend, and try to get things done each evening of a work day too, and then pound through the readings in my 1st week off, and then practice exams in my second week off. Any advice?

wow studying FT? I would read everything 2x, do all the problems and take the exams. 8hrs a day for 35 days I think you can pass especially if u remember a lot from last year. How much did you study for level 3 last year?

tkchunc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is now April 30, and I have 5 weeks. I am > taking May21-May6 (2 weeker) off from work to > study full time. If you can travel backwards in time, I have no doubt that you will pass with flying colors!

CardShark Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tkchunc Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > It is now April 30, and I have 5 weeks. I am > > taking May21-May6 (2 weeker) off from work to > > study full time. > > > If you can travel backwards in time, I have no > doubt that you will pass with flying colors! +1

Sorry - May21-June6. I mean to say I am going to have 2 full weeks, not a month. Any advice?

secret sauce it up and no matter what give it a shot. If you pass you don’t have to do it again and if you fail well its great practice and you’d be helping all of us out too :slight_smile: Hopefully you will pass though!