starting now...

Ok. I read the curriculum from October to November and then took 2 months off to study for the lsat. I’m restarting my L3 studies for June. I’m thinking I can go only Schweser. This will be the first time I rely primarily on Schweser. What do you think? Is this a bad strategy? I feel like I don’t have enough time to use the original materials.

I think it will work for you Danteshek. You are a bright guy and we still have plenty of time. Glad to see you are giving it a shot. Did you land that job?

Danteshek… You should be in great shape going forward. You already have a solid foundation of the material. That is the strategy I am taking anyways! I hope its a good one! Just be sure to do all of the practice problems in the CFA books… good luck!

Still have time…I would suggest use CFAI material as supplements for areas that are lightly covered in Schweser. Good to see that you want to finish the program.

Danteshek you will be fine, I just started as well and only doing Schewser, just finished Book1 and moving to Book2…reading quite fast through the material for the first read then going to actually study via Notes and questions. I might use the Video CDs for the first time…anyone know if they are any good?

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Did you land that job? Interview on Thursday… product management/RFP role.

Good luck.

You should be just fine. The only suggestion I keep hearing over and over is to take the end of chapter questions from the CFAI books. Well, the teachers in my weekly society class keep saying that. Also, good luck on the interview!

Danteshek, Be wary. I passed L1 and L2 using just schweser the first time. While I think Schweser is great, I would also augment your studying by doing the end of chapter questions in the CFAI textbooks and by taking the schweser class. I didn’t half ass L3 when I took it in 2005, yet I found that Schweser wasn’t enough. I passed in 2006. The CFAI textbook questions are tougher than schweser…plus there are more of them. CFAI is a money making machine which would prefer than everyone purchase their materials. CFAI provides a list of the end of chapter questions. I suggest that you do these questions multiple times in your preparation.

You can definitely do it. You’ll just have to bust your butt from here on out.

JacksonSF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek, > > Be wary. I passed L1 and L2 using just schweser > the first time. While I think Schweser is great, > I would also augment your studying by doing the > end of chapter questions in the CFAI textbooks and > by taking the schweser class. I didn’t half ass > L3 when I took it in 2005, yet I found that > Schweser wasn’t enough. I passed in 2006. The > CFAI textbook questions are tougher than > schweser…plus there are more of them. CFAI is a > money making machine which would prefer than > everyone purchase their materials. CFAI provides > a list of the end of chapter questions. I suggest > that you do these questions multiple times in your > preparation. Thanks. I will take your advice.