Starting now

Guys, Due to various things delayed the start. Starting today and will give it a serious try. Any suggestions ?

You’re in for it. The only thing that is logical for you is to memorize secret sauce and have a large amount of luck on exam day.

Will you be studying full time? If so, it’s definitely doable. If not, then good luck. I’m not in a comfortable situation right now either :confused: (have only read Schweser notes including their eoc q’s, and half of the eoc q’s from the curriculum).

xT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (have only read Schweser notes including their eoc > q’s, and half of the eoc q’s from the curriculum). That’s not bad at all.

@XT not fulltime… yes need lots of luck…

For what its worth I passed the FRM with only about a month of study, just did practice questions. I suggest you just do as many questions as possible.

I cleared level 1 (I know its the easiest, but still) with about 30 days of study (with job) including a week’s leave. It is possible - concentrate on getting the concepts right. You can easily go through the Schweser notes atleast once in 30 days - gives you a chance.

You could probably get through the Schweser notes 1-1.5 times in the next 30 days – as long as you take about a week off or so leading up to the test. “Lucky” for us, exam week is the saturday after Memorial Day weekend (in the USA), so I’ll be taking that whole week off for cramming. Usually in the week leading up to the test I am able to re-read all the Schweser notes and do most of the EOC problems. If you hunker down and just start blasting through the material you should make it. I think people at LIII are too pesimistic – we made it here for a reason! We can, we have, and we will beat this thing!

Definitely doable. Of all three levels, I would say that this one relies the least on hardcore memorization, quantitative formulas, etc. What is important at this level is getting a good qualitative “feel” for what CFAI is asking for. If you can master this over the next month, you stand a good shot. Don’t be intimidated by people who have already put in several months of studying. What is important on test day, is what is in your active memory. Starting late ensures that most of the material will be fresh in your mind. Good luck!

famosa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Of all three levels, I would > say that this one relies the least on hardcore > memorization, quantitative formulas, etc. What is > important at this level is getting a good > qualitative “feel” for what CFAI is asking for. If > you can master this over the next month, you stand > a good shot. I agree that it’s less quantitative but there’s significantly more to memorize.

Thanks you all…