starting preparation today 13th august

Hi Please guide me how to start and plan for my studies. I have registered today and am planning to appear for lvl 1 this december.

spend 1 month reading through the schweser notes (if you have them) beginning with Quant. Leave Ethics till last. Do the schweser end of chapter Qs as you go, and then review the CFAi end of chapter Qs after that. Leave 1 month to do LOTs of questions, mock exams etc.

read the cirriculum slowly, front to back, highlighters in hand. make flash cards of all the formulas. every night before bed, recite some of the key foumulas (ROE, put call parity, etc). oh ya, get ready b/c your life is gonna suck from here on end.

follow schwser except fsa dont worry about ethics , download latest version from cfai on your computer(work) read 30-40 page everyday . do q bank

Hi All Thanks for all the inputs…The journey begins today…I am ready to grill myself…lets where i end up…:slight_smile:

1. Follow the prescribed CFAI study session order. 2. Do all concept check questions throughout your readings. These are essential questions because you will know ASAP whether or not you just understood what you read. 3. Take notes while you read as if you are in class. 4. Do all questions at the end of the readings. 5. Do Schwesser study questions (I have them if you want them, email me at billbelemy22@yahoo.com) 6. Leave 3 weeks to just take mock exams and practice, practice, practice. Study ethics again before the exam on saturday. ***Devote 3 hours, 5 days a week to studying, and 4~5 hours on Sunday. Go out friday nights and do PHYSICAL ACTIVITY on saturdays. have fun saturday night, but dont get trashed because you have work to do on sunday!*** DISCLAIMER: You have no life after today. You friends will forgive you after December 6ht (and if they don’t, f’em).

oh sounds like lots of hard work - I will not begin until 14 oct after my gmat. omg, how can i squeeze in that little time!!!

lilylla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh sounds like lots of hard work - I will not > begin until 14 oct after my gmat. omg, how can i > squeeze in that little time!!! With a full-time job in an audit firm (from the general discussion), two months for L1 sounds really impossible - Good luck! Milos

lilylla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh sounds like lots of hard work - I will not > begin until 14 oct after my gmat. omg, how can i > squeeze in that little time!!! you work, doing GMAT, and are starting to study in october???~ what is your undergrad major? if you say history, you are smoked!!! just kidding, but that should get some fire under your feet. prove me wrong and pass! we will all be here to help you. good luck.

I’m in lilylla’s shoes too… good to know there are other people in my situation