Starting to prepare for CFA Level 1 in June 2014

Hi ,

I am planning to take CFA Level in June 2014 , can anybody guide me , how should i start preparing for the exams. I dont have finance background but i have some industrial experience and can you suggest me which study material is good for this exam . I am interested in even taking the class room training or online class .I dont have any material also and i have not enroll for the program yet . Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Gaurav

There is a lot of material on this forum regarding study tips and the best study materials. In short, start after new years, get the Schweser Essential study package, finish the study guides 1-1.5months before the exam, dedicate those 1-1.5 months on practice exams and question bank.

Do a search on the forum, you will find advice like this and more.

Well the first deadline has already passed for June. If you are still up for pursuing CFA then you better hurry. You will recieve the curriculum from CFA Institute once you will register. Since you don’t have a background so it would be better if at first you study only from the curriculum. Later, you can review from the third party providers like Elan guides or Schweser.

Elan is my personal favourtie. They are cheaper and do a better job than Schweser. They also offer a 7-day Free trial of their product so if you are not sure of what you are getting into you better check them out.