Starting Today

adavydov7, Schweser or CFAI… or both?

Done with the following! R28, 29, 30, 31, 36 in CFAI text Strategy - read the more interesting topics first. Bore myself later…

Was hoping to wrap up book 3 today (skipped ethics book), but yikes that asset allocation chapter might be the longest in CFAI history. And it’s only like 30 pages in Schweser.

I am starting next week…

i didn’t study yesterday and can’t today either. i’m a bad, bad man.

Ali, you know how I do man. CFAI all the way. I hate Schweser. Will use at best a supplement for questions only (refuse to read anything they write though). Oh, and I did read the first book (i.e. didn’t skip ethics).

I just can’t get myself to read…mother of god

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2 or 3 months to pass this thing? You guys are > WAY smarter than I am. Good luck to all, no > matter when you start. Count me as one of those people who need A LOT more than two months…AF definitely doesnt do much for self-esteem. Best, TheChad

I need to start as well. I’ll be taking 6 weeks off from work before exam and burn my brains 10 hrs per day. But in the meantime it would be good if I could absorb 1 book in small doses every weekend until I start my 6 weeks.

SS 15 is pretty intense- might be good for those who don’t like the qualitative stuff.

^^6 weeks? wow, you have a very nice employer. that’s longer than maternity leave at my company:)

^^ Well unfortunately it won’t be paid. My company supports my CFA and gave me paid vacations but which realistically gets you threw maximum 1.5 exams. For the rest you have to use your vacations, or do what I am doing : taking unpaid vacations. Last year I used almost all my vacations + accumulated overtime (which we can get as $ or vacations) to study for level II. As a result I hardly had any vacations last year, which I am not willing to endure this year again.

Ouch!

Six weeks is an awful long time to take off. It would sure be nice though.

Started yesterday. Good luck

@art: not without pay it wouldn’t.

“Good Luck” voice of Marko from the movie Taken

I’m a level 3 re-repeater. Starting today as well. Last year I was confident that I passed, but somehow did not. My goal this year is to totally master the material in all subjects. Laid out my study plan and plan to step out from being a lurker to being an active participant on here. Good luck!

adavydov7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @art: not without pay it wouldn’t. Touche

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goes to eleven Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 2 or 3 months to pass this thing? You guys are > > WAY smarter than I am. Good luck to all, no > > matter when you start. > > > Count me as one of those people who need A LOT > more than two months…AF definitely doesnt do > much for self-esteem. > > Best, > TheChad Man, some of you people who pass these exams with only 2 or 3 of studying? What are you averaging 25 hours/week of studying? Me, I’m a dunce who is reading almost every page of the CFA materials, taking notes on each reading, and doing all end-of-chapter problems. I started in early January. My method is slow, but by May I’ll have a really great notebook of notes for each reading. I wish I could be as efficient as you guys, but given the way I learn, slow and steady wins the race. If I end up failing, at least I know I put my best foot forward by reading everything from the source and studying the way I know best.