Stats

I hate stats soooooooo much. I can say with a straight face that I enjoy other readings but stats is just grueling! does anyone know of a nice laymans term stats manual online somewhere?

http://www.statsoft.com/textbook/stathome.html Although, I feel CFAI texts are great too.

thanks dude…bb22 out!

dude, stats is a joke in the CFA, have you never taken a real stats course before? this is just the tip of the iceberg.

There might be a lot more in the world out there but for the CFA exam i think that should be enough.

Yeah I ran through CFAI stats last week, it’s can be a bit overwhelming learning in-depth about regressions for the first time. But it honestly doesn’t seem like that much. I plan on re-reading it again and going through the EOC questions with a fine tooth comb. I don’t think it’ll be anything that you can’t tackle.

I know stats isnt a huge part of the exam (5-10%) but its just sucking up soooooo much study time…roughly 4 hours to do the 28 EOC questions (correctly)…what a beast everything else is enjoyable but stats is killllllller

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know stats isnt a huge part of the exam (5-10%) > but its just sucking up soooooo much study > time…roughly 4 hours to do the 28 EOC questions > (correctly)…what a beast > > everything else is enjoyable but stats is > killllllller 4 hours is infact not that much if you are doing it the first time. Next time it will take 1.5 hour. If you can get the concepts inside your head, then its easy.

Yeah I agree with abhij, stats can be daunting if you haven’t had experience with it before, but the more times you do it the easier and less time consuming it becomes. Stick with it bud.

yea I’m on reading 13 and have about 5 more hours of stats then finally onto fun material. CFAI material is so discouraging in the beginning…sh(tty ethics and sh*tty stats