Stay Positive

Just stay positive. Just think about now, and stay positive.

That’s all.

If I post this for other people, it may help me to believe it too. We can do it!

Truly man, after 3 months of cramming, i think the law of diminishing returns is setting in… Staying upbeat and positive is what we all need to do.

I think being relaxed and focused is the key. On my mocks, many of my missed points are from not reading carefully enough. The exam will have plenty of tricks up it’s sleave, being able to concentrate will be huge.

Thats the key at this time… after putting months of efforts, its really imp. to keep moving!! We all can do it :slight_smile:

TIME TO SHINE, final stretch is here. Stay positive, stay focused, stay paced, stay strategizing

2 weeks to go. If you’ve put in months, just gotta push for another 2 weeks! Time will fly so make the most of it, the exam will come up quick from here.

I am dead tired, why do I have to be so miserable with all the exams, I could have enjoyed my job and work till i retire, feel so unmotivated at this critical time!

When I passed Part 1 two years ago, I was barely able to get a 60% on any practice material. Judging from my scorecard, I barely passed. Last year on part II, I did not study the right way, did not memorize any formulas, and was getting about 38% on practice material. Failed Band 5.

This time around, averaging about 65% on practice exams/mocks (with a fair amount of stupid careless mistakes), I have a good handle on forumulas. Just never know how this is going to turn out. I know a girl that studies her butt off but could never break 55% on any of the practice material, but ending up passing Pat II on her first try. I knew another guy was doing 70%+ on practice exams and failed Part II his first try.

I feel decent and that I have a chance to pass. Going to just spend two weeks re-reading my notes and doing Schweser multiple choice questions to hammer in the concepts (been through CFAI questions twice, dont have time to do them all again). Hopefully this time around will turn out different-- I cannot go through this a 3rd time. Stay Positive and good luck to everyone studying over the next two weeks!

When I passed Part 1 two years ago, I was barely able to get a 60% on any practice material. Judging from my scorecard, I barely passed. Last year on part II, I did not study the right way, did not memorize any formulas, and was getting about 38% on practice material. Failed Band 5.

This time around, averaging about 65% on practice exams/mocks (with a fair amount of stupid careless mistakes), I have a good handle on forumulas. Just never know how this is going to turn out. I know a girl that studies her butt off but could never break 55% on any of the practice material, but ending up passing Pat II on her first try. I knew another guy was doing 70%+ on practice exams and failed Part II his first try.

I feel decent and that I have a chance to pass. Going to just spend two weeks re-reading my notes and doing Schweser multiple choice questions to hammer in the concepts (been through CFAI questions twice, dont have time to do them all again). Hopefully this time around will turn out different-- I cannot go through this a 3rd time. Stay Positive and good luck to everyone studying over the next two weeks!

Mylinh, just stay positive. Be optimistic. You’ll pass!

I know it’s difficult to stay motived. That’s why I started this thread. I have trouble myself. Probably most people have trouble doing it for months without a break. But we’re all so close now. We can do it!

Peeps, as mentioned in another post, there around 350 hours to go. Sure you have to eat, sleep and work in between them but we can apply at least 50% of that time to learning and ironing out weak areas. Do that and you can only get better. Those hours WILL postively impact your performance.

Look back 50 hours ago, where were you? I know that didn’t know half the stuff as confidently as I do now. Now fast forward 50, 100, 150 hours, we’ll be in a MUCH better place.

Maximise these hours by having the razor sharp focus that may have been lacking before. Don’t leave a question until you understand it, wtf would you?! Fool me twice and all that. Write it out once, then turn over the page and write it out again. Get it right now? Yes - Move on. No - a third time, you will get it.

We’re all doing this for various reasons but what we all have in common is a big ass financial and time commitment, let’s not let it go to waste in the last 5 miles. So whatever effort you gave before, double it. Walk out of the exam on the 2nd saying to yourself, “there is nothing, nothing, that I could have done better in the last 2 weeks than what I did.”

A favourite quote from Murakami springs to mind:

“Have your dream…What you need now more than anything is discipline. Cast off mere words. Words turn into stone”

So good luck ya’ll, dig in and apply yo selfs. No regrets.

Not enough positivity in this post!

FYI you only need to know how to answer 55% of the exam to pass (given that a) the questions you know how to answer you answer 100% correctly, and b) you run statistically “average” with your guessing). If you guess the remaining 45% of the exam, and 1/3 of your guesses are marked correct, that’s 15% correct from your guesses. So your final score would be the 55% you knew how to answer, plus 15% from your guesses = 70%.

double post

Bump for staying positive.

Exactly. All you got to do is hit 55%, it’s not too bad

I am going disagree with WayneINJT with respect to the 1/3. I say it is lower. 1/3 is correct if the answers are random guesses, but they are not.

Here is my argument. You make an educated guess on a question. The output is binary, it is either right or wrong, 50/50.

so, .5(1/3) = .1667----

if you narrow it two choices—.5 assuming you are 100% sure it is one of the two, which is possible, like you calculate the number, but forget if it is positive or negative.

Not sure if this is entirely accurate assessment, just an observation. There’s probably a formula I have forgotten fron LI that covers.

I Think this covers the remaining .45

This would be for Random…

Eg 2. An exam consists of 10 multiple choice questions. Each question has 4 possible choices. Only 1 is correct. Jeff did not study for the exam. So he just guesses at the right answer for each question (pure guess, not an educated guess). What is his chance of passing the exam? That is, to make at least 6 correct answers.

Answer: Yes, this is a binomial experiment with n=10, p=0.25, “S”=choose the right answer for each question.

Let X be the total # of “S”

P(pass)=P(X 6)=P(X=6 or X=7 or X=8 or X=9 or X=10)

= P(X=6)+ P(X=7)+ P(X=8)+ P(X=9)+ P(X=10)

Bump for remaining positive! We can do it! Just about 1 more week everyone!

OMG Clark, cmon 9 days is soooo much more than 1 week, dont make people tense, loll

This is it ladies and gentlemen. The home straight. I have no doubt that the difference between now and Saturday is at least 2 bands. So channel any swelling anxiety or panic towards action. Don’t relent, don’t give in. Instead, double down and spend every waking hour chewing on formulas, EOC Q&A’s and reviewing areas you’re weak at.

And please don’t procrastinate (If you’re reading this, I mean you!). One of my fave pieces of advice: “Your future happiness is entirely related to your ability to impose your own limits on your freedom.”

Limit distractions and the other million things that you could be doing and focus on the one you should be. Go!