Stealth layoffs :)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24660877/site/14081545/page/2/

It has happened to me too: A colleague disappeared during the lunch break but was able to leave a quickly scribbled yellow Post-It note on my desk, saying that he had been fired and was now on his way to the headquarters to have a meeting with senior management about the terms of his lay-off. We never saw him again.

I think most layoffs are done this way. The firm where I work at started laying people off two weeks ago. They did it all in 1 day. It now feels dead where I work.

It’s the complete opposite where I work - a trading floor at a large BB. Everyone kind of stood up and applauded whenever anyone above associate got the ax (those close to him on the desk, and it would spread to the whole floor). For a while it was kind of funny in a grotesque way, because everyone would start applauding and we’d try to guess if someone had got the ax or been promoted to MD.

When they got me (SP’s/lending at a large BB) I was part of the third “round” which axed about 20 of the 50-60 people remaining in our group in about an hour…

The best stealth firing so far was … A large firm that I worked with in the past used to arrange office moves, move people from one building to several other buildings. No one exactly knew where people ended up. Along the way some people would disappear & it takes months to figure that out. A very smart way.

I don’t know how I’d feel if people started applauding if I got fired. I think that I would feel very embarassed. Actually, I don’t think its very professional if that was a true story.

Agree. Sounds mean or glad themselves are all right for now.

It was out of respect…most of the guys had been at the firm for 10+ years and had put alot into the company. Nothing vicious…

luke77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It was out of respect…most of the guys had been > at the firm for 10+ years and had put alot into > the company. Nothing vicious… Im not really sure how thats respectful… Kind of like applauding at someones funeral. “Hey nice life, so sorry to see you go” :clap: :clap:

That sucks to be layed off after 10 years at a firm. On 1 level they get more severance money.