Still want to read

I believe I managed more than 250hrs recommended for the preparation through a very tough regime. A regime which lead to forefiting my beauty sleep at night to constant flipping green books. However. now that the exam is out of the way i still feel the need to continue reading materials on Derivatives, Fixed Income Securities and Quants at night, because i struggle to sleep. It feels like i have no purpose anymore. Anybody feel the same? what advice can you utter. What books are you guys reading? Schweser?

Oh noooo! You’ve got the CFA L1 bug! LoL!

With only work and the CFA to worry about I must admit that I lived a very structured life during the past 3-4 months…and I do miss how simple life was. Now, I have dinner plans, the gym, actual plans during the weekend…I can’t simply use the excuse of having to study. You should transition your focus into reconnecting with friends and work colleagues because before you know it you’ll be locked inside your apartment on saturday nights studying once again. Enjoy the free time now, it might help you from burning out in a few months.

Webtwister: I totally agree with that statement. I feel like it is good to roll with that flow until it leaves you. At some point (maybe in March), you’ll walk outside to a beautiful day and feel happy that you can ditch the books and throw the pigskin around without remorse since you’ve been studying for the two since December. That’s how i’m going to play this very odd feeling of being ‘addicted’ to studying. I haven’t ever studied as hard in my life. My efforts easily tripled or quadrupled any college semester’s studies. Maybe that’s why…

I am having finance withdrawals as well. I have been very tempted to jump into the Level II ethics reading posted on the CFAI web site. This might sound very strange but I sometimes glance over these readings to whet my appetite for finance once I get Level II or Level I repeat studying underway.

I used the Schweser books to prepare for the exam. Post-Exam, I find myself reading the CFAI books now in case I didn’t pass. It seems like I am missing something if I am not studying… I can’t stand it, I want my score already!

what is CFAI books? should I buy them, or they are available for free? Thanks. SFCFA’er Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used the Schweser books to prepare for the exam. > Post-Exam, I find myself reading the CFAI books > now in case I didn’t pass. It seems like I am > missing something if I am not studying… > > I can’t stand it, I want my score already!

SFCA’er - Finding myself in the same boat, except I used Stalla. For the last few days, I have been reading the Statistics from CFAI Book I. Figure I will do a 6 week recap on LI material from the CFAI books, then change my course accordingly once the results come out. hw0799 - these are the curriculum books published by the CFA Institute for the exam. In past years, you have had the option to buy these books from CFAI. Starting in 2008, they roll the purchase of these books into your registration for the exam.