Stock Research Info/Reports- Where do you get yours?

Where do you guys get your company research info? I know 10Q’s and 10 K’s are accessible on the SEC site and company websites, but what about other info such as analyst reports or company analysis, projections, etc? The sites I frequent are cnbc.com (not much analysis), finance.yahoo.com (nice, but I don’t think the analyst estimates/opinions are accurate), and morningstar.com (there’s some free info but you have to pay for analyst reports and I’m about to cave in). If you have access to this info at work what systems do you use? Bloomberg? CapitalIQ? Factset?

stock research reports? i write them myself

also i agree that cnbc and yahoo have very outdated data…for the most current analyst estimates, best to use factset, bloomberg, first call, etc

[deleted]

This is an interesting question. Sellside analysts perhaps?

thomson one analytics.

i use bloomberg and thomson analytics / first call (or just write them myself as numi noted). are you a student? you may be able to get them for free through your school. find out if you have access to the investext database or similar.

asdffdsa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i use bloomberg and thomson analytics / first call > (or just write them myself as numi noted). > > are you a student? you may be able to get them for > free through your school. find out if you have > access to the investext database or similar. No, I’m not a student, I’m a May '07 grad in the back office. I was wondering for my own investment purposes but mostly to get familiar with them and see how analyst interpret data. I eventually want to move into equity research and become an analyst.

start listening to some replays of quarterly conf calls at home. you probably can fast forward to the end and listen to the anlayst’s probing questions… this is more likely what they will write about.

Most people who have access to this stuff at work are probably on the distribution lists of all the good analysts in industries they follow. This is generally for clients though. Other than that you can get research through databases like Reuters, Thomson One Anlaytics, etc., but these also require a subscription. You can get some research on Bloomberg, but this depends on the access level you / your firm has. And finally the major dealers have web portals where you can access a ton of research and other data across asset classes. But again, these are for clients. Someone in your firm might have access to one of these and be willing to forward you stuff. Other than that, some personal brokerage accounts make research available to you.

Thanks guys I appreciate it…I’ll search around the firm and def listen to conference calls.

Reuter’s Knowledge, Zack’s

Boutique Trading Firms…which im not sure about the legality of that. But if I want any report from any analyst at any bank…i just ask one of the traders I utilize sometimes…and its in my inbox within 2 mins. That could be sketchy…im not sure. But we dont pay the bank. As long as we provide flow to the boutique desk…they hook us up with whatever we want.

i’ve been asking this for awhile…still no real answer…i get some TD newcrest stuff but that’s it…