Strategy for not-so-sure

Well, that was a long day. All of us who studied and actually sat the exam should be proud regardless of their score. But this is still a numbers game, so… based on my feeling from yesterday versus practice tests, I get the sense that I’m in the borderline (65-75%) range. Anybody else in my position have a good strategy for how to spend the next 6 weeks? With my only 50:50 confidence of passing, I can’t really buy L2 materials. But on the other hand, if I do get a “pass” from yesterday’s test, I’ve got a TON or work to do to hope to pass L2 in June - so I shouldn’t even be wasting the next 6 weeks waiting for the results… Any ideas… (that don’t cost a lot of money?)

Ethics supposedly remains pretty similar at level two, you could borrow the ethics book from someone and worst case scenario if you write level one again it won’t be lost knowledege ( or you coulod read the level one book some more)…I certainly know how you feel about being on the bubble, I hate this feeling!!!

Thanks. Further, I noticed that you can download the Ethics section from the CFA website - which is good - but, honestly, I can’t think of anyting less exciting than diving back into Ethics at this point…

txcany Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks. Further, I noticed that you can download > the Ethics section from the CFA website - which is > good - but, honestly, I can’t think of anyting > less exciting than diving back into Ethics at this > point… agreed but can’t think of much else, I am in the same predicament

good idea about brushing up on Ethics. I personally think it’s worthwhile to take a vacation before it’s back to the grind again though… I dont think I can take another 6 months of this, if I don’t go away and forget about it for a while.

I’m definitely taking a break until the first week of February assuming I pass. I would think 4 months is adequate time to study for L2.

Peter, how did you make out?

Overall I didn’t think the test was that bad. It was actually easier than I anticipated. The questions were very straightforward. I found the morning test to be harder than the afternoon significantly. If I had to guess, I think I got like a 60-65% in the morning and a 70-75% in the afternoon. Who knows though. I thought Ethics and PM were the easiest sections and Econ was the toughest. Quant wasn’t that bad either. How about you?

I think over the next month I’ll lightly read topics that I’m interested in, but need improvement. I might try to find a used copy of 07 L2 readings.