Strategy for passing L2

not pissed but since it was the most significant change from jun 07 to jun 08 i think most people felt it would be tested. I believe it was covered in level III in 07.

sct123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not pissed but since it was the most significant > change from jun 07 to jun 08 i think most people > felt it would be tested. I believe it was covered > in level III in 07. This is more directed to the thread starter but applicable to all-- As I believe it was JDV who once said many moons ago, trying to game this test is a losing battle. Trying to play the game of anticipating what they are going to throw at you on exam day is a losing battle. As we all learned in the PM session–and I’m sure it’s the same lesson learned by L2 candidates of yore–this test is unpredictable and WILL throw curveballs. If it’s in the LOS–minutae or not–you have to be prepared for it. That’s not to say that anyone griping (and for good reason) in this thread didn’t legitimately study for hours on end, but attempting to think like the test writers and allowing that to shape what you focus on is setting yourself up for disaster.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > were you guys REALLY pissed time series wasn’t on > there? i was surprised. but not pissed. I was somewhat relieved that time series tested. I would have definitely taken two time series questions over that BOP bullsh!t though. I went into the exam knowing time series really well, but it took a lot of time to get there.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > were you guys REALLY pissed time series wasn’t > on > > there? i was surprised. but not pissed. > > > I was somewhat relieved that time series tested. > I would have definitely taken two time series > questions over that BOP bullsh!t though. I went > into the exam knowing time series really well, but > it took a lot of time to get there. good point… i would have definitely taken time series questions in place of the BOP questions… i felt pretty good about the quant vignette though. knock on wood. but yeah, time series was a serious time sink. i wonder how many people were like, sweet, bop. i doubt there were many… i freaking hope there weren’t many.

what is bop?

a word brett michaels made famous with “unskinny” in front of it edit: feel free to use bop 2x also afterward, all night and day

bop= oxbridge term for disco/party

roumancesoiree Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > man you '08 lvl 2 peeps are sure in good moods. > > I m sure after your results out some of you will > be in better moods. You will understand in time, it’s why this LII forum feels less friendly to you than LI. When you are where we are now, you will look at the bright eyed LI grads and shake your head too. LII will expose you to new levels of exhaustion and stress, you’ll come out of it feeling like a veteran.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > roumancesoiree Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > man you '08 lvl 2 peeps are sure in good moods. > > > > > I m sure after your results out some of you > will > > be in better moods. > > You will understand in time, it’s why this LII > forum feels less friendly to you than LI. When > you are where we are now, you will look at the > bright eyed LI grads and shake your head too. LII > will expose you to new levels of exhaustion and > stress, you’ll come out of it feeling like a > veteran. Too true man. too true.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > roumancesoiree Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > man you '08 lvl 2 peeps are sure in good moods. > > > > > I m sure after your results out some of you > will > > be in better moods. > > You will understand in time, it’s why this LII > forum feels less friendly to you than LI. When > you are where we are now, you will look at the > bright eyed LI grads and shake your head too. LII > will expose you to new levels of exhaustion and > stress, you’ll come out of it feeling like a > veteran. I can understand that Black. Is that why we saw some jack@ss posts from you in L1? (Ie I’m a music major but my friends all tell me I’m smart, do you think I can pass Level 1 with a month of study time?). hahaha~! In any case I hope you passed, I have browed L2 looking at what I’m in for and you seem like on of the competent members of the board.

Surely the best strategy is: -> Start early, spread the workload. -> Devise a study schedule/strategy (concentrate on heavily-weighted topics and don’t over-study lower-weighted topics) -> Read everything - there is no substitute for this. -> Make notes. Yes, it’s a lot of work, but you can re-read on a bus/train etc, and re-reading the notes will highlight if you’ve understood it the first time. -> Leave plenty of time for revision -> Do hundreds and hundreds of practice questions the week before the exam (Can’t emphasise this more - think of it this way: two students of equal talent and IQ, spend equal amount of time on study, but one does practice questions and the other just reads his notes. The guy doing the questions will always pass). You don’t necessarily need all the stuff from Schweser et al to take you through the course, but it does help in the revision stage, especially the exam questions. For your own benefit, it’s better to be fully prepared than just to find the tricks and short-cuts. It’s not just an exam - you will have to actually use it in life one day. So why short-change yourself? I’d rather fail and know I did as much possible than fail knowing I didn’t do enough. One is a result of bad luck, the other of bad preparation.