Strategy for passing L2

Hi all, Has anybody got an effective strategy to pass L2. This is what I used for L1 and it worked well. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,800614

We don’t know yet.

dude…relax. you JUST found out.

YEA It’s called knowing and understanding the material inside and out… and best of all… Getting lucky on exam date. That’s about it.

I would recommend only paying attention to only the small topics. For example. If the CFAI text has 1 or 2 paragraphs on a topic out of hundreds of pages, know that you will be tested on that paragraph and not the remaining topics. BOP for instance. As Jalmy pointed out. No matter how well you know the material, get lucky and have a good testing day.

“Just do it”

another tool.

“Hi all, Has anybody got an effective strategy to pass L2. This is what I used for L1 and it worked well. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,800614” This is not what I did when I found out I passed level I.

I have a sure fire wqay to pass level 2 exam Selliing it for 5K if it doesnt work u get u money back plz remembr this is a sure fire way of passing accepting only western union as method of payment

Settle down. I don’t know about my own results yet.

Just make sure you know your shit. That should do it. Oh, and don’t burn out by starting these discussions in July when the exam doesn’t take place until June…

start studying today or you’ll have no shot

i’m going to use the time-tested strategy of reading and understanding the material while doing thousands and thousands of practice problems

man you '08 lvl 2 peeps are sure in good moods. I m sure after your results out some of you will be in better moods.

hope so!

Don’t do the most impt thing in L2 ‘Time Series’ and just focus on things like Cov, Corr, additions, equations, bubbling skills, listening to PA systems, your name … in that order and you have made it to L3. Also as a side note, get used to cheezy stuff like BOP accounts, having Econ questions in Quant… Puke ‘Hi’ to the Port Manager sharing your exam desk and has no idea of what those 6 questions were asking in that 2nd half of the PM section on efficient frontier… Meet an avg Joe who thinks Swaption validations would never be asked and Potter is a sure shot 6 question and then the history flips over! Freaking people like me who spent around 1/2 their life studing Time Series are going to repeat L2. ohh ya and welcome to hell! If I plan to get a 6-month-L2-hell pass this Dec, then see you guys soon…

That seems to me to be a remarkably accurate summary of the L2 program. dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t do the most impt thing in L2 ‘Time Series’ > and just focus on things like Cov, Corr, > additions, equations, bubbling skills, listening > to PA systems, your name … in that order and you > have made it to L3. > > Also as a side note, get used to cheezy stuff like > BOP accounts, having Econ questions in Quant… > Puke ‘Hi’ to the Port Manager sharing your exam > desk and has no idea of what those 6 questions > were asking in that 2nd half of the PM section on > efficient frontier… > > Meet an avg Joe who thinks Swaption validations > would never be asked and Potter is a sure shot 6 > question and then the history flips over! > > Freaking people like me who spent around 1/2 their > life studing Time Series are going to repeat L2. > > ohh ya and welcome to hell! If I plan to get a > 6-month-L2-hell pass this Dec, then see you guys > soon…

a friendly tip. If you get a chance, go for the John Harris accounting seminar. Worth every penny.

i think dinesh said it all…

were you guys REALLY pissed time series wasn’t on there? i was surprised. but not pissed.