Strategy next time

With some questions in AM session unanswered and PM session’s some stuffs unsure, I think I would get a fail again this time. Very disappointed. But I think what I should do next time is to improve my writing speed and revise every detail stuff in scheweser

Should I fail, I am going to skip the large questions first and answer the smaller easiest questions first and work back to the big ones. I feel that I left some easy points on the board.

gusy…how many question did you miss? i missed q,10,11, and half of question 7,8,9 totally…(36 marks) do i still stand a chance or is this some false hope that i am lookign fwd to

same as u mate. no chance to pass just like last year if you scored badly in am, then you must get absolute great marks in pm

it is really frustrated to know i have no chance to pass with so much effort putting in.

I think it will get above 70% in most on the PM, but I would still not be sure I passed. I think a lot of people did very well in the PM. I may have gotten a perfect score on Ethics though, so that shouldn’t hurt.

Same as you guys. 36 marks account for 20% of the morning session and if we score 60% in the AM and 80% in the PM, we still stand a chance, do we?

VCer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same as you guys. > > 36 marks account for 20% of the morning session > and if we score 60% in the AM and 80% in the PM, > we still stand a chance, do we? You will definitely pass then.

Maybe I got 50% of the the points in the AM. Assuming I fell into traps on most of the tricky questions but did ok on the straightforward ones, conservatively, that gives me 60% in the PM. So 55% total? MPS in 2003 was 52.5%. If this is a comparable year… I might just squeeze by.

VCer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same as you guys. > > 36 marks account for 20% of the morning session > and if we score 60% in the AM and 80% in the PM, > we still stand a chance, do we? I say yes with 60 and 80%. I am affraid of the 50 and 80% for me. I don’t see myself scoring lower than that, but who knows.

ccbond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it is really frustrated to know i have no chance > to pass with so much effort putting in. are you sure you have no chance? if the MPS is like 62% (which isn’t impossible) you could get 50% in the am and 75% in the pm and pass.

i mean if +50% AM and 80% PM is not a pass then what is a pass for god’s sake???

Yes >50% in AM and 80% PM will almost certainly pass. For it not to pass, the top 1% would need to average more than 92% for the exam. It’s conceivable, but not bloody likely, given the comments here on this exam. Personally, I think we may be underestimating our AM scores and overestimating our PM scores. There may be more partial credit around than we expect, and I suspect the PM is a lot tricker than many people are willing to admit to themselves.

^^^ agree

has anybody passed even though they failed Ethics section? i think i did ok overall (missed some questions on AM, avg for PM), but Ethics could be my demise.

cfaprincess Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > has anybody passed even though they failed Ethics > section? i think i did ok overall (missed some > questions on AM, avg for PM), but Ethics could be > my demise. In Lvl 2, I scored below <50% in ethics and passed at the same time.

ok if u bomb AM with a score of around 45% and nail PM with around 85% does this look like a pass to u guys…just asking your opnion obs no one knows for sure

VCer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfaprincess Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > has anybody passed even though they failed > Ethics > > section? i think i did ok overall (missed some > > questions on AM, avg for PM), but Ethics could > be > > my demise. > > > In Lvl 2, I scored below <50% in ethics and passed > at the same time. ah ok, u must have been a borderline case then. i thought ethics (asia paper) was really tough… alot of the options sounded reasonable…

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe I got 50% of the the points in the AM. > > Assuming I fell into traps on most of the tricky > questions but did ok on the straightforward ones, > conservatively, that gives me 60% in the PM. > > So 55% total? > > MPS in 2003 was 52.5%. If this is a comparable > year… I might just squeeze by. bchadwick, mine looks similar, except 60 on PM looks like average expecation rather than conservative!!! I am hoping the MPS will be around 189 this time too and I can get away with the skin of my teeth.